gamepressure.com | game guides | games encyclopedia | web games
login (email): password:
auto log in (cookie) | forgot your password?
<
Gothic 3: Main
13:47
[1]
lacikris [ old one ]
What about the delivery of the 12 chalices to the paladins? It seems that no one could find out who the 12th paldin is.

Have you?
18:24
[2]
CHOLO [ old one ]
So how does this solve any quest?
10:14
[3]
v [ old one ]
12th paladin is mage milten in monastery cave
14:16
[4]
Hasan [ old one ]
Hey thanks 'V'. I would've guessed Milten as the 12th Paladin...
00:50
[5]
Hasan [ old one ]
Okay, "V," you were incorrect about Milten being the 12th paladin (IMHO you lied, you wiener). Soulcatcher...I have figured out most stuff with regards to the game, however this final chalice is giving me a headache. Who do I give it to? I've visited all the rebel camps (Cape Dun and Wenzel included), Vengerd and I got Kurt in Varant...so who's left? Any idea? Also, I have been unable to find a teacher for the paladin skill, and I know the king orc in Faring can give players the health regen skill, but is there anyone else? One more thing, if you could alert me to where a trainer/book/whatever is, which can teach me the highest level spells for the 3 branches of magic I'd be very grateful. Ha, I guess I haven't figured out very much after all...;)
09:59
[6]
Rodrigo [ old one ]
YOU are the 12th Paladin, if you play for Innos, and have the paladin skill. Try to use it... I´ve heard, that it gives you some bonuses...
10:01
[7]
Rodrigo [ old one ]
Oh, I nearly forgot.. The paladin skill can be earned from Rhobar, once you have talked to Innos, in nordmar.
12:35
[8]
Hasan [ old one ]
That makes a great deal of sense, and I sorta figured that I was missing a great deal of things by not playing for the good guys. Oh yeah, just in case anyone is looking to pick up the murder skill. You can learn it off of the 2nd in command (I forget his name) in Ishtar.
22:48
[9]
Daalex [ old one ]
Where is 12th paladin ????????WHO is this dolboeb??? Vengard: 1)Cobryn 2)Georg 3)Thordir 4)Markus Reddock: 5)Javier Okara: 6)Roland Kap Dun: 7)Wenzel Mora Sul: 8)Cruz Nemora: 9)Karlen Trelis: 10)Konrad) Fire Monastery: 11)Olivier 12)??????? I myself ????????
17:08
[10]
Rodrigo [ old one ]
Well, my sources say, that yes..
20:09
[11]
Nagman [ old one ]
whare do i get all the artifacts of adanos? i bloody well got two! that basir chap for example...how do i get the artifact from him?
15:21
[12]
aftermatch [ old one ]
please help me where can i find the ore furnace ???
18:07
[13]
Rodrigo [ old one ]
The furnace is beneath the hammer clan, in nordmar.
19:36
[14]
arhimed [ old one ]
PLS anyone help me find Karlen he is suposed to be in Nemora but hes not there and he has the last chalice PS Daalex are you russian? cause i always call my teachers dolboeb's :D
07:33
[15]
Robert [ old one ]
From whom do I learn the Magic Regeneration skill? The game is awesome, but a mage without that skill leads a tedious and wretched life....
11:30
[16]
Robert [ old one ]
Nevermind, I found him.
15:19
[17]
gigel [ old one ]
for arhimed KARLEN is at the pass to varant. if u want him pinpointed on a map contact me at stooopy_tk on yahoo mess
15:20
[18]
gigel [ old one ]
for daalex the 12th paladin is fritjholf in the fire clan acording to the official Piranha Bytes game guide THE 12TH PALADIN IS NOT THE PLAYER (for rodrigo)
13:56
[19]
Zso [ old one ]
The 12th paladin is Fritjholf in the fire clan, but he only speak with you about the fire chalice when you have been already a paladin (King Rhobar)
11:08
[20]
mercenary10 [ old one ]
can anyone help me about the location of the divine artifact in trelis? because i killed all the orcs in trelis and also the hashishin that was supposed to tell me its location. thanks.
12:24
[21]
Aggressive Wild Boar [ old one ]
-->mercenary10<-- If i remember correctly the artifacts you are looking for are located at Trellis temple (Trelis outdoor):one is located in the temple (in a chest) and the other is carried by the Orc Shaman boss.Before you kill him just rescue him from the temple.
14:43
[22]
Rodrigo [ old one ]
The divine artifact of Trelis is carried by the orc leader of the town. Just take it from him, when you've cleared the place.
19:43
[23]
orcslayer [ old one ]
Who can teach me mashter two-handed weapon in GOthic 3 and Where do i buy the recipe of sword of poison . THANKS !!
12:47
[24]
help [ old one ]
Can anyone write a more detailed list on where to find the fire chalices ? THX
17:11
[25]
orcslayer [ old one ]
it's so boring to find so many fire chalices.!! from now on .i only found ten fire chalices... even thoungh i walk around the whole map/!! :(
17:53
[26]
orcslayer [ old one ]
ok i found them all .one is in a palidin named kurt . one is in a orc's hut. .and i finished the game by Path of the Rebels !! i am so disappointed to the result.. !! over it's over . so empty and so boring . .. i wanna say . gothic i is the best .it has very good gut and design in despite of it has so many bugs . gothic ii like a boring water line ... gohic iii ...nothing to say.. disappointed .;.
01:44
[27]
Sizzlakhan [ old one ]
lol that was boring -_- i finished the game with Xardas, he only lead me to the gate and game ended... I've killed Zuben and Rhobar by only hitting them and luring them outside, i just murdered them and dissapear, by the bugs of the game that was very simple... jump bug helped me a lot when im travelling :P however i want to finish this game with Innos's side, but in my saved game i have 11 fire chalices.(i got from Milten) if any1 can give a list of the chalice bearers it will help a lot... thanks.. (hasan bu arada selamlar, türk görmek güzel)
23:42
[28]
SRB [ old one ]
I can't find the chalises in my inventory...where did they go? How cann I count them/see which ones I have
12:01
[29]
Khaleen Matoianu [ old one ]
Congratulations. You gave a great consoltion to the poor dudes who haven't played G3 yet. Thanks a lot for this database.
14:19
[30]
Mongo [ old one ]
Several Hashishin trainers in Varant teach basic two-hander, but the master trainer is in Ishtar only. It really isn't all that much better than shield. The fire chalices show up in your inventory with the last tab (misc) along with furs, teeth, tools, etc. Since they are a main quest item, they do not appear when trading. There is a list in here somewhere, but if you complete all the side quests and pay attention to the dialog (an important aspect of most RPGs), you should have no trouble finding all of them.
18:11
[31]
I think I'm stuck [ old one ]
I liberated Myrthana, I killed both Rhobar and Zuben and have both scepters, I destroyed the artefacts and Xardas is supposed to take me to the portal to the other world, only he doesn't. Do I need to liberate all the Hashishin towns as well?
22:52
[32]
Mongo [ old one ]
Simply, yes or at least you must decide between hashishin or water mages.
19:22
[33]
MCZ(cz) [ old one ]
ANYBODY KNOWS WHAT THAT "?" SKILL IS AND WHO CAN TEACH IT!!?!?!?!
11:49
[34]
Rodrigo [ old one ]
The ? skill was the attack from jumping. But they have taken it from the game. You can't learn it.
11:56
[35]
kaktus9 [ old one ]
where are enters to the temple Mora Sul & Al Shedim? i walked around the temple and i don't know where i must put the keys...
12:59
[36]
help [ old one ]
i need two chalises where are they?
01:31
[37]
Mongo [ old one ]
It will display something like 'Temple Door' when you approach it. Left click and if you have all the required keys it will open or ask if you want to open it. You need 12 chalices, see that section.
13:55
[38]
Mongo [ old one ]
Tip on comrades, when done use Go Back option rather than wait here. Go back discharges comrade and he will return to his 'spot' Wait here means he is still attached to you, but will remain where you left them. Useful if you need to go ahead and clear monsters, so comrade doesn't die, then procede to follow them.
23:11
[39]
me [ old one ]
were is kan the great leader of the orcs
00:06
[40]
mugu [ old one ]
you don't have to search for the keys for Mora Sul - just get to the roof and jump in (u lose 1/2 health and need to have acrobatics skill not to get killed) after getting the crown - use teleporter rune to get out. i tried to play as a figher and hunter and finally just finsihed as a mage increasing just ancient knowledge and mana - well let me tell you it's a killer... game even became boring at some point because you can kill anything so easily. too bad i coulnd't find anyone who teaches "fire mage" skill - any idea?
00:51
[41]
Mongo [ old one ]
see section on Faring - Kan is in the inner castle. See nick - I have completed game as a fighter, will do mage when i become bored.
00:57
[42]
mugu [ old one ]
you don't have to search for the keys for Mora Sul - just get to the roof and jump in (u lose 1/2 health and need to have acrobatics skill not to get killed) after getting the crown - use teleporter rune to get out. i tried to play as a figher and hunter and finally just finsihed as a mage increasing just ancient knowledge and mana - well let me tell you it's a killer... game even became boring at some point because you can kill anything so easily. too bad i coulnd't find anyone who teaches "fire mage" skill - any idea?
12:52
[43]
rendolf [ old one ]
Anyone has got an Idea how I could go further? I'm enemy of Hasishins (no more alive on the entire map) enemy of Orcs and ally of Rebels bot have chosen Xardas' way (I went to him with the artifacts and destroyed them in the great furnace.) Now what Xardas said to me to find the portal that I found, I have both scepters and cannot do anything at the portal. (I was there by myself without Xardas.) I still don't have all the fire chalices but as I read in the walkthrough I'm supposed to find one chalice in Okara but Rakus the Fire mage isn't there at all but an empty room. All tha Main Quests I still have going are "find the fire chalices" and "throw them into the sacred fire". I'm stuck. By the way what's also strange that Trelis is empty but it hasn't been liberated (battle music begins when I enter the city though it's empty, no hiding orcs around... but it has nothing to do with the main quest I guess) Thanks if anyone could help me with that.
13:01
[44]
Mongo [ old one ]
How come Xardas isn't there, didn't you follow him? If not, you need to follow him. Don't worry he can take care of himself in battle with some awesome spells. Rakus is in a cave near Okara that you must rescue him from, when you do, he will occupy the empty room.
14:22
[45]
rendolf [ old one ]
Anyone has got an Idea how I could go further? I'm enemy of Hasishins (no more alive on the entire map) enemy of Orcs and ally of Rebels bot have chosen Xardas' way (I went to him with the artifacts and destroyed them in the great furnace.) Now what Xardas said to me to find the portal that I found, I have both scepters and cannot do anything at the portal. (I was there by myself without Xardas.) I still don't have all the fire chalices but as I read in the walkthrough I'm supposed to find one chalice in Okara but Rakus the Fire mage isn't there at all but an empty room. All tha Main Quests I still have going are "find the fire chalices" and "throw them into the sacred fire". I'm stuck. By the way what's also strange that Trelis is empty but it hasn't been liberated (battle music begins when I enter the city though it's empty, no hiding orcs around... but it has nothing to do with the main quest I guess) Thanks if anyone could help me with that.
14:07
[46]
niko [ old one ]
where is xardas hiding ??
15:09
[47]
Mongo [ old one ]
He's not hiding, but just like the previous versions of Gothic; he has a tower. The location is shown (dark circle) on the map of the tombs you get for a quest in Nordmar. It is on top of the highest(?) mountain. And at a fork in the road, one way leads to his tower, the other to one of the tombs marked with an 'X'. Lots of nasty beasts to kill along the way. Of course, you already 'knew' that. I have the NA version, and Xardas voice and appearance is drastically different from the original and Gothic 2. PS don't kill his maid(?)! Not a nice thing to kill the hired help.
20:26
[48]
russian [ old one ]
What do you mean hired? He summoned that "maid" as you call it. Have you noticed that Xardas has the characteristic shoulders on his robe of the hashshin and the lower robe of a fire mage? Besides his thingy that's on his robe (fire mages have fire, water mages have water, hashishin have weird stuff) is unique? I must say the ending for Xardas was satisfactory but staring into a wall wasn't when the nameless hero was talking. SPOILERS AHEAD! So it would be kind of funny to see Kan talking to Lee his general. Spoilers end here
14:32
[49]
Niko [ old one ]
can someone give directions to xardas' tower plz thnx
22:55
[50]
Mongo [ old one ]
See 'map of the world'. Play the game, explore, use your map.
23:10
[51]
Mongo [ old one ]
See fire clan section, power of the ancestors quest, on that map along the right side about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way down and a little less than an inch from the right edge, you should see a dark circle; just below it and to the left is some orcish writing and right below that one of the 'X' marks the spot of the ancestor tombs. See comment 49 below The dark circle is Xardas' tower. It is next to impossible to give specific left-right landmark directions for Nordmar. You just have to get out there and find it.
04:40
[52]
Niko [ old one ]
I can't make screenshots altough I pushed the "screenshot button" several times can someone please help me ?? thnx
20:57
[53]
Mongo [ old one ]
Normally you need some extra software such as 'Snag-it' to capture screenshots, not sure there is a way to do it with just the OS.
12:00
[54]
need help! [ old one ]
i went to google and i see that this is the best guide.my story is:i got 10 fire chalices and i talked to xardas.he ses to kill zuben and rhobar.i killed zuben and when i went to kill rhobar with lee he wasnt there !!!! how is that possible? please tell me where to find rhobar so i can finish game ty
12:45
[55]
Mongo [ old one ]
There are 12 fire chalices; see the section titled 'the fire chalices' for locations; Rhobar is inside the throne room of the castle in Vengard. If you gave Lee a teleporter stone, then he teleported to the temple of Vengard (where Markus is), you have to teleport to the castle, then go back to the temple to get Lee. If you mean you went to the castle and Rhobar wasn't there, I have no idea, that is the only place he can be. If you have never been inside Vengard, then why are you asking?
14:43
[56]
Mongo [ old one ]
Yes, this is a great guide. Everybody should at least read 'The Introduction'. IMHO, many do not, the only comment there is one nit-picker over spelling. BTW, in the opening fight, make sure you loot the dead Orc's bodies. The leader has a world map. It seems to me that many are trying to complete this game in record time and do so without the aid of a map. This series is all about exploration; and navigation in Nordmar is extremely difficult. The map helps, but the terrain is layered, so you need x,y, and z coordinates/directions and that makes it almost impossible to give precise directions. Explore!!! With each new start, I find features, plateaus, caves, little nooks with great chests, that I previously had not found. That is all part of the Gothic experience and it is one of the traits that make this such a great game. Oh, and don't be so hasty to off named characters, they might have some important dialog. And most have a quest for which you will gain experience and sometimes reputation. Hasty decisions will limit your options later in the game. Some will mean you are stuck and have to restart. Patience IS a virtue in this series, and it will lead to the max character levels. There is no prize for finishing the game in x days. Okay, lecture done.
00:16
[57]
Mongo [ old one ]
Go play Doom!
18:28
[58]
andix3x [ old one ]
If I find all the Fire Chalices , Innos give me something ( ancient knowledge , alchemy etc. )???
23:36
[59]
Mongo [ old one ]
If you get all of them you put them in the sacred fire and they become blessed. You get experience and as you pass them out to each of the paladins, you get additional experience. Innos only gives you something if you bring him the Adanos Artifacts, then you are choosing the Rhobar (rebel) path.
09:40
[60]
Adanos [ old one ]
who can tell me when i have 12 blessed fire chalices who paladin i can give him the fire chalices?
19:44
[61]
Mongo [ old one ]
Se the section on the fire chalices.
14:17
[62]
Tomas [ old one ]
ok i need some help over here...I want to choose the orc path...does that mean that i should not do qs for the rebels?...maybe if i don't do any qs for the rebels and just killing them is better for earning reputation with the orcs? please answer me...thank you!
21:47
[63]
Mongo [ old one ]
Even though you eventually want to choose the Orc path (really the path of Beliar), until you make the choice and it is based on what you do once you have all of the Adanos artifacts (see that section), you are free to work quests for all sides. You get maximum points and by dialoging you can learn more of the story line.
08:52
[64]
Tomas [ old one ]
My reputation with the orcs is 10 and with the rebels 11...but i'm still wondering...If I hadn't done all the quests for the rebels but going in Cape Dun at the first place would be better? (I'm talking for the Orc path)...thank you
10:59
[65]
Mongo [ old one ]
You do not need to worry until your reputation for one or the other approaches 50, once over 50 the other side will no longer trust you and their leaders will attck you, folllowed by the underlings.
12:00
[66]
Tomas [ old one ]
thank you dude :D
08:45
[67]
Hipius [ old one ]
it is good that someone done this guid. Nice pictures :)
21:10
[68]
Mongo [ old one ]
Look, if you won't read the introduction section in its entirety, at least read item 19. Same song over and over: Why do the Orc leaders order my death?; simple you are a Morra and they barely trust you as is, then you liberate a bunch of towns killing off all the orcs there, and you WONDER why they don't trust you anymore? It's not rocket science, but social studies.
18:59
[69]
Shredder [ old one ]
where can i find all 12 fire chalices please give me a list -where are they iden
20:47
[70]
Mongo [ old one ]
Look in the section titled 'Fire Chalices'.
02:03
[71]
Mongo [ old one ]
I am at exactly 50 reputation with rebels, bought the paladin armor, not liberated any cities other than Ardea, Gotha, and Vengard. The orc chiefs are not hostile, except for Grok who is so because rather than give the fire chalices to him, I blessed and distributed them. My reputation with Hashishin is over 50 (54) and the nomads are not hostile yet. Rep with orcs and nomads is much less than 50 right now. I am trying to nail down the exact trigger mechanism for hostility. Be back with more info when I know for sure. BTW, I am level 67 with over 100 unused exp. points. Have all but the robe of the Adanos Artifacts. Not wearing Adanos rings, but am wearing the crown and amulet of Adanos. Have Paladin shield taken from Kurt, and flame sword bought early in the game. Also bought Nimrod bow when I could wield it. Over 600 HP, 200 End., over 300 strength, and over 200 hunting skill. Thief skill over 70 and smithing over 50. Ancient knowledge and alchemy is boosted just from quests, reading books, and using ancient tablets, etc. No cheats employed at all. This is my second run through the game, first was the Xardas solution. Leaning toward the Rhobar solution for this one, but I haven't completed any decider quests as of yet. One other thing I have noticed, many monsters that used to always die with one hit from Nimrod bow and plain arrow (110 damage), now survive, and sometimes survive two hits. Thus as game progresses and your level increases the beasts must also get increased HP and likely also do increased damage. That's logical that they progress, otherwise the game would get too easy once you achieved a high level.
21:08
[72]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Have all 5 Adanos artifacts, reputation with hashishin is over 75 (have entered and completed quests in Ishtar), reputation with rebels is greater than 50, and orc chieftains (besides Grok) do not attack, so I go back to my original premise that the hostility trigger is when you free more than two towns. Will continue to update as I learn more.
19:51
[73]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Have liberated Montera, did so to complete the deal with Basir (kill'em) quest and get credit. Reputation with rebels is 63, still non-hostile in other towns, about to liberate Silden.
21:20
[74]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Liberated Silden; reputation now 68 with rebels; only 26 with orcs. Got stern warning, but Orc town leader (Cape Dun) is still not hostile. As I believed, until I ceded to the posts of others, that I am now on the threshold of hostility, that is, I have liberated 2 towns (Montera and Silden) and if I liberate one more, the open hostility will commence. BTW, many of the Orc Mercenary in Silden have saws which you can loot from their bodies. I now have 14, just one short of the fifteen need for Vandorn (Vengard quest).
16:45
[75]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Amazin' ! Have liberated every town except Faring, and now I can't even pick a fight. I am standing on the steps to the inner castle, the guards won't allow me to enter cause you need 75 reputation with Orcs (not Faring city rep) and I would have too arbitrarily wipe out the rebels camps to do so. I tried running through and the gatekeeper gets hostile, but it is not a fight to the death, so it is very difficult to begin the liberation battle, I have to run straight to Vak and I don't have clue where he hangs. Will keep trying.
00:54
[76]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Finished the game, Path of Innos solution, of note, the orc leader hostility is definitely triggered when you liberate the third city (excluding Ardea, Gotha, and Vengard). After first liberation, you get a warning, after second an ominous warning, and of course, after the third the leader orders an attack. I never found the 12th paladin, it is not the hero because he can not use the last blessed fire chalice. I finished with character at level 82, and lots of unused LPs, nothing needed boosting. I easily defeated the swarm of orcs in Faring, once I found Kan (not Vak) and initiated the liberation battle. I have not done the path of Beliar and prob will not unless I decide to do a mage styled character. Never did find how to purify a magic ore blank to make the Rune sword, so once again finished using the Fire sword purchased early (I think once rep with rebels is at least 25) in the game. Rune shield found in KDW ruins is best shield, paladin armor is best (requires rebel rep. = 50 and lots of coin). When you liberate Trelis, and kill Vak, his corpse has the 50K gold. When facing undead warriors, and mages (all shaman) best to wear rings that protect from fire, ice, and energy. You get attacked by hashishin in Varant after second city liberation. First attack is triggered by city chief, after that it is on sight by all. Best bow is silent death, best crossbow is just called heavy crossbow better than Rhino killer or war crossbow. Funny, best only requires min level skill. It is time to put Gothic away for a while and do a little Oblivion. I will check back and see if this guide gets its audience back.
01:42
[77]
Cavalorn [ level 81 ]
I too finished the game today. I enjoyed the game very much but unlike Gothic 1 and 2 i felt there was no real lead to an ending, it was just sort over all of a sudden. I did enjoy the large amount of area where you get to roam free, other than let's say fable, where you are stuck in a small piece of land, has to load other scenery all the time and you can't even jump over a one-foot fence. I love the gothic worlds, you can explore everything, for instance, in the beginning after liberating cape dunn, i swam though the ocean to bakaresh and continued there for a while, you can do it any way you want. I finished the game at level 76 i think and had 235 ex. points left, you don't really need that much in this game. What i thought was most usefull for long-range combat was not a bow or crossbow, but the magic spell: ice lance, this combined with mana regeneration that can be learned in bakaresh was very very usefull. short range: the rune short, you can learn forging a puer magic ore weapon in hammerclan, and get a piece of pure magic ore when you liberate nordmar as a reward, i think i found a blueprint somewhere in the dersert of the runesword on one of those ogre-paltforms, i sharpened it and i had a bless weapon spell scroll, that was my best short-range weapon.

I didn't buy the paladin's armor for almost the ending, basically did everything in medium rebal's armor, i always thought i would find better somewhere so i thought i would be a waste of my money, next time i play the game, i'll just buy it from the start. And i found the rune shield in a chest in wolfclan, i was quite surprised. All together i loved the game, but it didn't top gothic 1 or two, gothic two with the add-on (night of the raven) is in my opinion still the best game ever, followed by gothic 1 and than gothic 3.

I used this guide i think three times, it was usefull to me. I too will now see what oblivion is all about, although gothic 1 is lying close to me also, have played gothic 1 and two at least 7 or 8 times each, but they still are fun...and i also do other things than computergames, but i just love loosing yourself in the world of gothic from time to time...

01:47
[78]
Cavalorn [ level 81 ]
i meant the rune sword ofcours , not the rune short, sorry, type too fast and don't check my spelling...

01:17
[79]
Ger9ng [ level 81 ]
I've decided to do things what you might call an abnormal way.

I will get friendly rep, so I can see the chiefs in each city or Myrtana, but not liberate them nor killing the rebels.

Then I will leave for the desert. I might visit there sooner for dual wielding swords. I will make a name for myself within their arenaes and seek reputation gain.

Then I will head back to Myrtana and pass through completing all the rebel friendly objectives and go through into the mountains. I don't know exactly how the story will unfold from here, so I might have to go back and liberate the entire Myrtana before I go far into the storyline in Nordmar.

I'm exited to see how the storyline will progress.

----------------------

Before this I played to level 41 with a melee based character (I do like hack and slash while keeping the mobs at a minimum distance). This character however seemed to bug a little. Entire orc cities came for me when I entered them, wich I've also was able to safely enter before. Wich seemed kinda strange to me, so I started over. This time, I am going with several savegames just to be sure it won't bug again.

IMO Gothic 1 was most appealing to me. This seems to be in between G1 and G2. I don't know why I didn't like G2 as much as G1, but I found those corrupted shrines effects and cloaked mages a bit annoying in G2.
23:24
[80]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Not a bad plan, the one thing this guide is wrong about and you would have found it, if you read any of my previous comments above. It does not matter to one faction where your reputation is with another faction, for example Orcs do NOT care if your rebel rep is greater than 50. The orc attack mode kicks in when you liberate the 3rd town (excluding Ardea, Gotha, and Vengard) in Mrytanna, the Hashishin after the 2nd town in Varant is liberated. All orcs in Nordmar will be hostile, while some in Varant will be, while others not. To master 2 weapon wield, you must gain entry to Ishtar to find the one master trainer. To get into Ishtar requires 75 reputation with Hashishin, which will require you to kill at least a few water mages and groups of nomads. Don't worry this will not anger the rest (other water mages or isolated groups of nomads). The area to be careful bug wise is Gotha, after liberation if orcs show up, do NOT under any circumstance fight or try to engage them, run away and allow the orcs to fight the rebels. For more detail see my comments in the Gotha section. BTW, the old Mongo is me, old refers to a prior hosting of this guide where registration was not required, sometimes the reference numbers or responses will not make sense because those with profanity were deleted during the migration. As you procede you will find reading the guide section for each town will be helpful. Good luck this time and allow the story to unfold. I liked the entire Gothic series. However, I feel the developers went a bit too far in 3 with the non-linear story board, which is why your first experience did not turn out so well.

I too, see screen name, am basically a melee fighter, Black Trolls and the outdoor dragon near Cronos in Varant, are true challenges. BTW, I just recently installed the 1.12 patch, but have not played since, so I am kind of anxious to immerse myself into the game once again, but not right now. I was no longer experiencing frequent crashes, which was the major patch action. From reading the patch log, it does not appear that they have addressed the myriad of game play bugs, so be aware, even if you patch, you will still have to adjust your approach to compensate for those.

17:35
[81]
Cavalorn [ level 81 ]
I only recently got the game and have only played it with the 1.12 patch.

There were little bugs as far as I could tell, in the entire game it only crashed twice, and I didn't succeed in "improve armor" and a few minor things that didn't realy matter to me. (one funny thing once happened though, i teleported to liberated Gotha and everyone from the not yet liberated town of Fahring was walking around there! and they got into full combat with the rebels, weird..luckily there are savegames to return to)

What I do want to mention is that i NEVER throughout the entire game had any trouble with attacking orcs or hashishin, i don't get what you are talking about.

I liberated every city in myrtana but could still happily walk around in Fahring for instance, this goes for Varant too, i liberated lago, braga, ben erai and mora sul and everyone in Ben sala was still kind to me :) so maybe this is because of the patch or maybe my type of play, I don't know, but i never had any troubles with that.

21:14
[82]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Liberated means you killed all the orcs; which is ok, but you don't have to kill the orcs in this game until you decide which path to take, and the orc chieftains and some other named orc NPCs relate some of that history and story line that you said was missing. The orcs and their aligned humans will give you quests to gain admittance to their chieftain, once you complete all the reputation quests in each town, then you can liberate towns for the rebels/hashishin or you can destroy the rebel camps for the orcs. To start the game you kill the orcs in Ardea, and thus liberate it, but that's the one non-linear phase of the game, so it does not count against you. Liberating Gotha means killing the undead (skeletons and zombies) and the Demon, and the orcs in Vengard (and outside siegeing) will attack, thus you are free to kill them without consequence. So those are the exceptions. Once you liberate say Cape Dun and Montera, any other orc controlled town such as Silden, the chieftain there will issue you a stern warning. If you liberate one more town, then the orc chieftain will order his minions to attack and kill you.

Of course, once you kill all the orcs, then the rebels take over the town, and they are quite happy that you liberated the town for them. And you will be able to walk around happily, but if you liberated all those towns in Varant (killed all hashishin), then no way you just walked around in Ben Sala, unless you killed the Hashishin there also. In Varant, nomads take over after you liberate and they too, allow you to happily walk about.

The known play bugs are:

Companions lead you on 'pack of beasts to kill quests' get too close to pack of beasts, before stopping, wanting to tell you that the beasts are nearby.

Brew (prew) poison training - all of the trainers will take your money and the game says you have learned skill, but it will not register in your skill tree and you will never be able to make your own poison.

The impove armor skill presumably (said because I have never gotten the quest) comes from completing a quest for the orc blacksmith in Montera, if you complete his quest (give him x pieces of ore), the reward is he will train you in the skill. (Again, that is a presumption on my part and I have been unable to deny or confirm).

The water mage in NW (Nefarious?) Varant outdoors, will sometimes not complete the quest properly and he will remain your companion, you can get him to wait, but not go back, and you can't get him to follow again. The only solution is to kill him and you will have to use magic spells to get it done.

There are a couple others, like companions disappearing inside terrain and you will not be able to find them to follow you/lead you. Sometimes if you know where they disappeared, you can wander around the location and they will suddenly reappear.
01:16
[83]
Ger9ng [ level 81 ]
I've experienced all of those bugs/errors across my few hours within the game.

Might look a bit as if they released the game a bit early, giving it a few living bugs that make them have to patch alot. I've also encountered some graphical errors. Sudden parts might be gone of the terrain, so when you walk on it, you just float in the midle of the air. Save then load fixes this, just be sure not to stand where it is bugged.

As for the blacksmith in Montana, there are two of them. Both orcs. One outside and one inside the castle. The one inside makes you collect 20 bundles of weapon for him. I did not have the ores said to be required for the followup quest, and I might aswell be wrong about whom of the blacksmiths that actually gives you the quest. But I did turn in those 20 bundles. I've moved on from Montana to Okara, that's where I am atm, trying to get helpers. Think I soon got them all, haven't looked around for guides yet to be certain though.

Looks like this time I'll be enjoying myself a bit more. Not killing anyone in particulear makes the game run a bit smoother. Only named NPC I have killed so far would be the leader of the orc patroll coming with supplies from Nordmar that the rebel camp wanted me to take care of, wich I did. Don't think that will give me any troubble. Guess I'll stop by Sildern after. Then Trelis and Geldern. Can't wait.

Great forum btw.
19:50
[84]
Cavalorn [ level 81 ]
Yeah, that i did have that problem also with nefarius, couldn't do anything about it. (maybe kill him but i didn't try) And one other mage just dissapeared into a wall at one time when i had to follow him, that was highly annoying not having saved for quite a while.

And i learned improve robes, it highlighted on my skill screen, but i never was able to actually improve a robe...maybe i just never found out how, or maybe it's a bug.

But let me see; i liberated (killed all orcs) geldern, trelis, cape dun and montera, those are orc controlled towns and those are more than three towns, after that i went to orc-occupied silden, no problem! no stern warbings or anything, honestly! Once i liberated silden and every other town in myrtana except for faring, i was still very much welcome there in faring, again no problems. The orcs just talked to me, so I still don't get it.

As for Varant, I don't remember in what order i liberated the towns, but after liberating mora sul, lago and ben erai for sure the hashishin in ben sala and bakaresh were still nice to me, and i'm NOT talking about the nomads in liberated towns.

But i did go to bakaresh and ben sala to talk to people before i decided to liberate those other towns, only to come back later in the game, maybe that's what is is. Because this also goes for faring, i made a little tour throughout myrtana , talking to people and visiting a few towns here and there, collecting some teleporter stones, completing an occasional quest here and there, and only later on in the game decided to start liberating, and maybe if they already seen my face sort of speak, the orcs won't care if i liberated more than three Orc-occupied towns, cause again, they never attacked me out of the blue.

20:51
[85]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Improve robes and improve armor are two different skills, one is a blacksmith skill, the other a mage skill. As for the others, you have to go talk to the orc chieftain, they give the order to attack, yes you can walk in and other than a possible gate guard challenge you will still be welcome, but go talk to the orc chief in the town and that changes rapidly, BTW Grok (even if you have not liberated any towns) will turn on you if you do not bring the fire chalices to him, somehow he knows you have blessed them and distributed to paladins (11 of them anyway). Same in Varant towns, you talk to the boss man, he will order the attack, once you visit one town and either the orc chieftain or hashishin boss gives the attack order, all orcs, hashishin and their mercenaries will attack on sight in other towns, except Faring, again you must speak to the chief, who you will not be allowed to see unless your orc rep is 75, he's in the inner castle. The guard will challenge you twice, you can then run in and if you turn right and go all the way to the end of the block you will find Kan's house. Speak to him, gate guard will follow and try to attack, so you have to be quick about it. Kan will order you to die and attack and the Faring liberation is set into motion. It seems strange, but that's the way the AI is set for this version. I don't think they made many game play changes with the patches, except the ease with which a pack of wolves can kill you, yet you survive against a pack of orcs. I think they fixed that, but have not played since downloading the patch. Soon as I finish the game (not Gothic) I am playing now, I will give it a test drive.
16:46
[86]
Cavalorn [ level 81 ]
Oh, I see, I killed Grok looong before I blessed the chalices, in fact I liberated every town in Myrtana except for Faring before I even went to the monastery, so. And now I also see why I never really got the "liberate Faring" quest, cause when I choose for Innos with all tghe Adanos artifacts you know, I got the quest "liberate Myrtana" so I just started liberating Faring, just starting a fight in the middle of town and killing an orc, that set it off for me I guess.
23:59
[87]
eclay [ level 80 ]
HI: I need the last Fire Chalice, but cannot find Milten. Can anyone tell me how to find Milten?? I go to the Monastery, I climb up the Icy Stairs - He's not there.... Is this the Cave Of Enlightenment?? I have looked everywhere in the Monastery- It"s driving me crazy -- Help.. Thanks
01:28
[88]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Obviously, you did not climb far enough, he's up the steps through the gate where a guard is standing, and all the way up to the top of the mountain, it is also where you can bless the chalices, so if that's the last one you'll be set. Repeating, the path to Milton begins in the monastery, but he is not in the monastery, but up on the mountain, if you are not going uphill you are not going the right path. He's there along with Innos, though he won't talk to you unless you have all the Adanos artifacts, and you don't want to talk to him unless you want to choose the path of Innos. There are two other paths. Adanos/Xardas or Belliar.
02:24
[89]
eclay [ level 80 ]
Thanks for the help. I have gone up the steps, past the guard "Kilian" up the icy stairs and on up to the statue of Innos. There is a Lectern on the right with bookshelves(looks like that is where he should be standing) and the Fire to be used in the middle. I think i'm in the right place---- but still no Milten..... Frustrating. Could he have gotten killed?

I understand that I can finish the game without the Fire Chalice quest. But, I still would like to solve the question "Where is Milten?" :)
20:35
[90]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Is he still in Ardea waiting for you to talk to him, from whence he then sets out for Nordmar? Did you follow him and allow him to get attacked by monsters. That's one of the strange things about Gothic AI; if the NPC is traveling solo, he knows to avoid monsters, if you are in the vicinity, he suddenly gets stupid, and walks right into a pack of them. Yes, in this version of Gothic, every NPC is mortal. The other possibility (BTW, yes, he should be reading at the lecturn) is that you started a new game, while playing a current one without exiting Gothic first. It seems if you do that, the new game does not reinitialize, and a lot of NPC go missing (a bug).
00:35
[91]
eclay [ level 80 ]
Thanks again..... I went back to Ardea to make sure that I talked to him. He's not there and I did talk to him early on.. I did not follow him, but could have started a new game early.. Looks like nothing can be done at this point for this quest. Again Thanks, at least I know that I was at the right spot and can stop looking...
04:05
[92]
eclay [ level 80 ]
Just to let you know.. I found out that Milten can just get stuck and not make it to the Monastery. I found him on the hillside below Chris and he was just sanding there(for 100 days- poor guy). I pushed him down the hill a bit to unstick him and all is now well. He made it to the Monastery. I can now start delivering all those blessed Fire Chalices. Thanks again for the clues
13:35
[93]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Hooray! A happy ending. But more evidence of crappy AI. Likely, he 'avoided' the wolves in that area, by walking off a cliff, then the AI was trying to get him to walk back up the cliff, thus he was stuck.

(editorial comment follows) Gothic 3 is a very good game conceptually, but the bugs that made it unplayable (crashes, memory leaks, etc.) which they had to fix with the early patches ate the budget so that we are unlikely to see fixes in AI. Sad, but I think what you see with version 1.14 is about all we are going to get. I have no insider information to base that on, just past experience with similar products. I still enjoy the game, but am saddened by the thought of how good it could have been. Concept team, kudos; development team and beta testers, shame on you.
this post has been modified by its author [2007-09-23 14:39:44]
09:47
[94]
UnsungHero [ level 79 ]
Hey mongo, i want to start off by saying thanks for helping everyone and answering all these questions. I come to these forums to look at your advice frequently.

now for my problem... my character is level 44. I am mainly an archer but still have 217 strength. If I am ever fighting a mage of any kind i get my butt kicked 95% of the time and have to reload. I can kill anything else easily using just my bow but i die from just 2 fireballs. (example: it took me 6 times to kill yugul, and even then it was just a glitch/bug). I wear armor, use a shield, where rings and amulets and it still just takes 2 fireballs. If you have any suggestions it would help a lot because i know i am going to start running into more and more mages soon. Thanks a lot
13:28
[95]
wenzel [ level 79 ]
Can anyone help me please. I am at the monastery, i went to the sanctuary to the great statue of Innos. Right of me there is a book lectern (where Milten is supposed to be) but he isn't there. :( Can anyone tell me how to find him ?
20:48
[96]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Unsung Hero: There are places where you can hide and shoot, but the fireball will not hit you. For example, windows and doorways, as long as you are not too close to either. The fireball will explode on the structure, and not harm you, but you will be able to shoot the mage. Outside rocks and sometimes just a hill will work. Somehow, you can shoot over the terrain, but the mage hits the ground. You can also use the left and right keys to dodge the fireball, I am not that good at it but my son is a whiz.

Wenzel: See the prior series of comments, exact same problem, already discussed.
21:17
[97]
wenzel [ level 79 ]
Mongo1. I`ve already read tha problem. But the thing is that i didnt underestand where exacly Milten stuck what is that "hillside below Chris" :(

btw I must find a way ti fix that at all cost because I`ve come too far to start all over again :( so please help me.
01:41
[98]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
No problem. Chris is the hunter in the stonehenge along the road between Ardea and Vengard Remember the cave where Ortiz the bandit was hold up in, well very near there. In fact it is Chris who gives you clues about Ortiz whereabouts, and also gives the shy deer quest. Of course Milton could be stuck somewhere else for you, so you have to look along that route to Faring and then into Nordmar. I can't guarantee that you have the exact same problem, just similar.
06:28
[99]
wenzel [ level 79 ]
I see. I thank you for the assistance :) I'll find him one way or another.
09:03
[100]
wenzel [ level 79 ]
Although there is something that I didn't get quite well: he should've teleported to the monastery and not get stuck. But why did it happen ? I didn't follow him (besides I dont know how i talked to lester and went to sleep and in th next morning Milten was gone . . .).
this post has been modified by its author [2007-09-25 10:10:19]
11:31
[101]
UnsungHero [ level 79 ]
thanks mongo, i usually try those things but the npc sometimes get smart (even on easy) and will actually lead me with the fireball and a couple instances the cover i have is a corner (i.e. yugul) but i guess thats the only way to get things done.
21:43
[102]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
No, you have (find) the teleporters, everyone else walks. Except the quest for Lee where you give him one. But after the opening fight and dialogs, Lester and Diego walk to Varant, Gorn after escorting you to Reddock, walks to near Gotha where he is captured by the Orcs, and Milton walks to the monastery in Nordmar. If you attempt to follow any of them, you will likely cause them to get killed, so do not try it.
21:46
[103]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Well, the other solution to fireballers is to get close enough to them that they can not use one. The key is to jink from side to side as you rush them so they can't hit you with one, and to use terrain until you must rush directly. You will get the hang of it.
21:47
[104]
wenzel [ level 79 ]
Ok. I started the game allover again. And finaly Milten was fixed :) . And I thing I know why did that bug happen. It is because I played the game with multiple versions (1.08 1......1.12). But now I have another problem: when I go tho the sanctuary, to the sacred fire. When I press it, it should give me a menu where I can press : examine the fire. But it doesnt show that menu (i have 6 chilases if that matters) the hero just moves under the fire and nothing. . . can you tell me something about this ?
01:54
[105]
Kaziil [ level 82 ]
Hi I am trying to Find Vak the Orc leader from Trelis for the Amulet of Adanos he is carrying. I wiped out Trelis and then he ran away. Its the last

Adanos artifact that I need to get. Is it to late to get it or does he run somewhere.

Appreciate any info here

Thanks
13:25
[106]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Wenzel: You must have all 12 fire chalices when you select the sacred fire. Since you do not there is no menu. If you do, then you will have the opportunity to bless or not bless the chalices. Note: there are two option for the chalices, If you bless them, you get experience for passing them out to each surviving paladin. There is considerable debate over the whether or not there is a twelfth recipient, suffice to say, I have only found eleven. The other option is to give them to Grok, the orc shaman town leader in Geldern, if you chose the former option, do not bless them until you have completed ALL Geldern quests up to liberation. Liberation is optional, but once you bless the chalices, you can no longer approach Grok, regardless of your reputation. He will attack and fight you until you die, or kill him and the orcs.

Kaziil: This is a common problem and is discussed thouroughly in other sections, but once again here goes. First of all, when you liberate towns or even isolated groups of orcs, you should always begin with the (town) leader, in this case Vak, even in those cases where the Orcs are hostile on sight, run past the outer groups of orcs and engage and kill the leader (that ensures he will not be among the runaways). Also it makes the battle with the remaining orcs easier, you know lack of leadership, morale, thing. Now, once the battle is won, the remaining orcs run off, but they ALL die after getting a short distance from the battle site. Their stuff will just be lying about. You can search manually and hope to find either the stuff or Vak's body. You can open a telekinesis spell and as you sweep the area, items nicks will appear; you can even then use the spell to fetch the item. This is also handy for finding Kalan's Hammer (a clan quest). If your search is futile, you have two options, new game or spawn the item with the cheats console. The former is the easy option, just be sure to exit Gothic and restart game from desktop, and select new game, not load, option. The cheat option is explained in other sections of this guide, in comments by others. I have never used it, so I can not help you. Search should return the proper areas.
14:02
[107]
wenzel [ level 79 ]
I see. Thanks very much. You are a real mate Mongo1. :)
00:42
[108]
Will Merkes [ level 77 ]
To Wenzel:

Okay, it the shrine of Innos in a small building?

If it is, leave the building and go to the courtyard.

There is a guarded path to the left. Go up it and you will be in a cave with a burning fire in front of a shrine. Just to the Right is Milten.
HEY!
Call AAA because there's about to be a breakdown!
21:31
[109]
rama2 [ level 77 ]
I have done everything to finish the game but the log book says tha I still have to kill zuben. I killed him when I liberated Ishtar. Is he not the leader ln that city? Anyone else have this problem? Did I miss something?
00:06
[110]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Zuben is back in the temple area of Ishtar and does not come after you like the rest do during the liberation fight. You actually have to go to him and he will likely start a fight, then you kill him and his guards, but not his harem (though I think you can with no consequences, it just wouldn't be right). Depending on the time of day he will either be sitting on a throne or at night back in the anteroom with the harem. You would have remembered killing Zuben and you would have his staff (fogotten the name). Go back to Ishtar and walk straight back (no turns) until you either see him on his throne, or go through the doors on either side of his throne. Don't forget to explore the little treasure rooms off the anteroom and grab all the stuff just lying about the big hot tub.
16:26
[111]
Golden-Boy [ level 76 ]
Where do you learn the highest spells in each school?

(like army of darkness and the meteor thingie)
21:40
[112]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Unfortunately, to learn the best of each requires you to choose one of the three paths, and then you only get the top set for the path you chose. For example, to get Army of Darkness, you must chose the dark (beliar path) and then you may learn the three best dark spells in the Temple of Bacharesh. If you choose Innos any of the innos shrines will teach you the three highest fire spells.
19:49
[113]
Golden-Boy [ level 76 ]
Well by saying 'joining' i assume that u have to throw the fire chalices to for example the sacred fire in the monastery if u wana join that faction..

But where do you learn the highest magic of Adanos? or transformation magic w/e
20:36
[114]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Not sure, since I never pursued magic, but I assume Xardas does, once you destroy the (Adanos) artifacts. The decider is what you do with the artifacts; not the fire chalices. And you must have all five of them, and once you do, you are pretty much done, that's why I said 'unfortunately' WRT the highest spells. But having the highest spells available early in the game would just make it way too easy. If not Xardas, then one of the druids, likely the one in the obscure location surrounded by orcs and shadow beasts. But remember, once you choose, you don't get access to either of the other two sets , and the choice is final.
03:59
[115]
shoey [ level 69 ]
Does anyone know why the Orcs are attacking the Hashishin??? I came back from Nordmar and all of a sudden my very presence causes them to attack the town Hashishin! I am thinking it may be because i accidentally said that Nordmar was liberated. I that why?? Thanks!
10:46
[116]
cieljigoku [ level 65 ]
Anybody please help me (including Mongo1 cos u seem to have mastered d game very well) hehehe.. i bought Gothic 3 since a year ago. played it a bit but didnt finished it. now i got d chance to finish it but i encounter some problems in d game. my first problem is when i try to find Rakus d fire mage in d quest of New people for Okara n d fire chalice. i definitely cant find him. been goin aroun Okara but no result. My 2nd problem is again when i try to find fire Chalice carrioed by the Paladin Cris or Cruz in Mora Sul along with Yussuf who has d key temple of Mora Sul. I only found oasis guarded by beasts and Murat's oasis. But no Yussuf and Paladin Cris. I definetely cant finish d quest of Adanos artifact if i cant open the Temple of Mora Sul right?! Please help me if anybody can give me a more precise clue or location on Yussuf and Paladin Cris and Rakus the fire mage whereabout. Thank U so much. I really want to finish this game. hehehe help me
16:32
[117]
Kan-orc [ level 65 ]
cieljigoku

cieljigoku.this is for you......

hi! im new here,actually i start game a year ago but didnt finish the game sofar!!!.but i have the answer for your ques......rakus is hiding in the cave near montera..we can see a farm which is opposite to entrance of montera..cave is behind to that farm...so u can find now!!!...i need some ques "people need for okara ques" a person 'OWEN' where can i find him?? did u find him?......then u can find cruz.he is in between the path of mora sul and Temple bensala in( 'STRAIGHT DIRECTION')..u first see the map.a slave and cruz should be there...(if u see any sand crawler beasts)cruz should be near... an important thing,dont forget to with the slave,1)he had a key for temple of mora sul.2)kalesch the orc near temple.3)gonzales.4)some bandit mercernary.5)some merchant i forgot his name.sorry i played this game 6 months before.. but he need to deal with "the fatman"(near the mora sul temple)...i request u must answer for my ques............
16:53
[118]
Kan-orc [ level 65 ]
!!!...i need some ques "people need for okara ques" a person 'OWEN' where can i find him??
20:23
[119]
cieljigoku [ level 65 ]
Hey Kan-Orc. sorry for the late reply. if u want to find Owen, u may assist Rufus the slave from Montera farm to go to Okara first. U may see Owen on the way escorting him. if u dont, then just follw Rufus to Okara, get the teleporter stone, after getting out of the cave of Okara turn left, there should be a bridge. get down the critter not far from it, u will find group of Ogres there. kill them or pass them then u will find urself on a cliff above them, there should be some ripperbeasts around. after finishing off the beasts just go around to the forest where the ground is covered with leaves (opposite direction of Rakus' cave. he's sitting near a campfire. hope u find him. if not i'll try to give u more direction later. good luck
14:15
[120]
georgeleus [ Wannabe Gamer ]
TO KAZIIL :

Hello, I had the very same problem; i didn't knew about the Amulet in Trelis and so I've wiped out the entire city without considering the consequences... There are two options in this case :

1) restart the game from a previous save if you have one (but i presume you haven't) and continue from there this time leaving Trelis as it is ;

2) search for a cheat code that gives you everything, including all of the Adanos Artifacts, Fire Chalices, etc ... you must type it if you have [TestMode] enabled in your "G3.ini" file (open the file with notepad and put near [TestMode] the value "true"); in the game pull out the console (with " ~ ") and write the code that I don't quite remember right now ... or was it
spoiler start

" idkfa " or " idfka "

spoiler stop

Anyway, try this option ; it saves you the trouble of starting the game all over again ;)) .

Cheers !
this post has been modified by its author [2008-12-03 15:23:12]
13:26
[121]
Goldman [ level 62 ]
i have given out 11 chalices wheres the last go to?
15:49
[122]
Xaardass [ level 61 ]
guys wher can i find xardas i searched evrything in nordmar and i cant find him still plz tell me.
19:11
[123]
Xaardass [ level 61 ]
nvm i find xardas wher can i find all 4 divine artifacts of adanos xardas gave me that quest.

19:32
[124]
Xaardass [ level 61 ]
5 artifacts
20:08
[125]
Goldman [ level 62 ]
answer my question please?

17:38
[126]
Xaardass [ level 61 ]
look this. http://guides.gamepressure.com/gothic3/gfx/word/-2042653109.jpg

goldman
this post has been modified by its author [2009-03-10 18:41:55]
21:15
[127]
Goldman [ level 62 ]
that doesnt help i'm looking where i give them out
01:10
[128]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
If you read the discussion on the chalice thread, you would know that there is no one to whom you give the last one.
15:54
[129]
Goldman [ level 62 ]
so what do i do with it?
22:15
[130]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
it is yours if you become a paladin
15:01
[131]
Xaardass [ level 61 ]
what is best robe in gothic 3.
09:55
[132]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Well, obviously the Adanos artifact one, but of course at some point you must surrender it.
11:51
[133]
Xaardass [ level 61 ]
tnx im going to get it
17:38
[134]
Xaardass [ level 61 ]
Does orcs have any better armor than paladin armor that i can get if i work for them
10:09
[135]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
The orc heavy armor that you get as a reward (free) for completing a quest from Kan is only marginally better than paladin. You can't buy it, and thus you get it very late in the game, when you don't really need it. And like I said though better only by a very small factor. Thus, since you can buy paladin armor when you get your rebel rep to 50, thus getting it early enough in the game to do some good is still the best bet. And it does not matter which ending you choose, you can wear it, unlike Gothic 2. There are unsubstantiated reports of Rune(?) armor in the game, but all I ever found was the Rune shield.

BTW, I am currently playing a free (client SW and connection) MMO called Perfect World, you can download the client sw at their website. Come join the party!!
16:24
[136]
andrejfrog [ level 60 ]
ok so far so good for me but i don't know how to start the main quest, who should I asked or whatever should I do to start the main quest.

Please help me
16:25
[137]
andrejfrog [ level 60 ]
please help me
23:30
[138]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Talk to everybody and then go back again and see if there are new dialog options. The story is told by many NPCs and each contributes a bit to the story line; thus it will not be told in proper sequence. One of the many issues with building a totally non-linear game.

The point is there is not one person that I can tell you to go talk to to get the main quest. It will unflod when you have talked to all the people you need too
this post has been modified by its author [2009-04-13 00:32:17]
08:12
[139]
andrejfrog [ level 60 ]
thanks
21:29
[140]
Choosen one [ level 58 ]
Does orc's attack me every time when they see me after choosing to serve innos,or it's only a bug.Please answer.
22:16
[141]
Choosen one [ level 58 ]

http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/PC/Gothic3-WorldOfGothic.jpg

download this image everyone who needs help whit finding something
10:53
[142]
Choosen one [ level 58 ]
I am finish the game,but I am not collect all 12 fire chalices.When Innos told me to kill Zuben I am go to Ishtar and I am not bulid population whit hashishim I am just run from the gate to Zuben's trone and kill him then I am kill rest of human's in town.And to liberate Mytana I am need to liberate more 3 towns,but becacose orcs attack me every time when they see me I am just kill all the orcs in thet towns.At least I go to innos and he show me future.And The end.
10:55
[143]
Choosen one [ level 58 ]
I am still not finish whit gothic 3,I whill now play Forsaken gods.
05:46
[144]
Flicker121 [ level 57 ]
Mongo:

spoiler start

Playing v1.72, I found a Rune Shield in the metal chest in a jackal cave doing a quest for Kafa and the blueprint for a Rune Sword in one of the metal chests found in Geldern's treasure rooms. I forged the sword using a Pure Magic Ore Blank, honed the blade and poisoned it and now use it in combination with my self-forged El Bastardo (psnd and honed). Is it possible to bless these weapons as well? That would be awesome haha...

I have an extra Pure Magic Ore Blank I don't know what to do with now :C...I don't have recipes for the Ancestor swords...oh well. Back to the point yes there definitely are Rune weapons out there...I've even heard of a Rune bow O_.

spoiler stop

20:55
[145]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Yeah, I forged one also, but never found anything else. And I likely won't, doubt I will ever get back to playing game again soon. Too busy in Perfect World MMORPG. No, someone beat me to my fav monikor there, so I have a bunch of other named toons.
05:55
[146]
Xaardass [ level 61 ]
I downloaded game its awesome mongo wanna meet?
10:57
[147]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
NP, I am on Dreamweaver server - Jethro_Tull, Timi_Yuro, Martin_Barre, and Got_Mule. PM me
08:06
[148]
The Redneck [ level 53 ]
Is there a way to get the scepter of varant without killing the king (and probably half his court)?

09:40
[149]
mintas [ level 53 ]
Best online source for electronics http://www.bigboxstore.com , televisions, DVD players, home audio, car audio, computers, cameras, music, movies, software, games and more. Research, compare and buy securely online; pick it up in a store. ... Best Buyer Be Happy.each and every product is well designd and tested and cheap prices
21:33
[150]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Well, there are two ways to get Rhobar's scepter, do his quests (Innos Path) and he gives it to you, or kill him (other 2 paths). That's the options.
04:01
[151]
The Redneck [ level 53 ]
Cool. I went as a sorceror (meaning I struggled like hell until I got my Ancient Knowledge up to 250 and got Mana Regen) and I'm pretty sure busting out the Fire Rain in the middle of his court could kill most or all of the attendants so I could either kill or beat down the king, but I'm trying to play it as a role-playing game instead of just kill-everything-in-sight (except for orc-held towns), so killing off the hero's benefactor/liiege really ain't an option.... Nor all the guy's court.

But if I can get him to give it to me, then I can bring it to Innos' altar in the Monastery, I suppose. I just need to get that and the ring in Nordmar.
12:59
[152]
Danilo97 [ level 52 ]
WHOA WHILE I READ THIS I HAD A HEADACHE, WOW soooooooooo maaaaaaannnnnnyyy queeeessssttttsss, and sooooo many waaaays to finsh game!!!!! Im playing gothic abbout two weeks, or a month, i dont nhow realy, AND I STILL HAVENT FINSIH THE GAME! well good game!
12:42
[153]
Danilo97 [ level 52 ]
HAHA see this funny image i pictured while i was fighting in Venguard
12:43
[154]
Danilo97 [ level 52 ]
???? Weird , ill try to post it again...
07:15
[155]
benny47 [ level 49 ]
i have a realy big problem here...would you mind helping me ? i killed the demon in gotha a long time ago and i didn`t take the ring of life(ring of adanos) and the demon has dissapeared...how can i take the ring now ?

21:13
[156]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
If you remember the spot where you killed him, there is a chance that the ring is lying on the ground where his carcass was. Can't say this for sure, cause I never purposely forget to take everything I can from every carcass, but I am told that important items do not evaporate and remain in the game. If that is not true, you can probably generate one from a cheat, but I never use them, so I can't tell you how.
16:57
[157]
benny47 [ level 49 ]
Nope... The ring isn`t on the ground in gotha... i tried to find it with a telekinese spell... but i didn`t find it...As about cheats... I don`t want to use them... I got this far with the difficulty Hard...without cheating... and I don`t want to SPOIL the game with cheats Looks like i`l have to start the game from the begining because i killed the dragon in the 12 day..as I see in my savegames Anyway..Thx Mongo
23:09
[158]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Well, this time let the NPCs find their way, and don't forget to loot all dead carcasses. BTW, if you kill the demon when he doesn't have his sword drawn ( u have to range attack, when his health is near 0) then his sword can be gotten off the carcass along with the ring. Nice sword BUT takes 600 strength to wield. LOL If he is weilding the sword it doesn't drop. Just a tip.
10:26
[159]
benny47 [ level 49 ]
Yeah...i know how to take the demon sword... i have about 30 of them

(i summon deomns and then kill them) but thei`r not good at all(i don`t think there`s someone with 666 strenght... and the gold value of the demon sword is 1 so you can`t make money with them )
21:20
[160]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Dang, do I ever despise spammers!!!!!!!

Want to guarantee that I will never do business with you? well you found it. Live with it, big marketing faux paux.
this post has been modified by its author [2010-05-24 22:25:11]
19:32
[161]
G_Man [ level 45 ]
The Best Weapon it's Wrath of Innos he does 160 damage and is blesssed!! the Shield is not Shield Rune i think but i don't know how it's named...the best armor it's the orc armor it's have the protection like the plaladin armor but +15 i think at fire/ice/energy one of them!
21:18
[162]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Paladin armor can be bought when you get 50 rep with rebels, Orc armor can not be obtained until you are near the end of the game. Thus I will tell you that best armor is paladin because by the time you can get that plus up of the orc armor you won't/don't need it. The best shield I have ever found is the Rune shield, may be one better but it must be a very rare item and I never found any better. Best weapon is always a debate, but I have completed the game with the flame sword you can get very early in the game. Once you get your skills up to a certain point, a few extra damage points doesn't make much difference.
07:43
[163]
G_Man [ level 45 ]
a few extra damage point thw wrath of innos make 160 and the flame sword 100 it's difference by 60
21:32
[164]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
If you play the game you will know that early the difference between 100 and 160 is a lot, but as you skill up the difference between the damage you actually do will no longer be 60, as multipliers make the flame sword do much more than 100 damage, thus the base damage difference becomes insignificant in the total picture. Like I said you can debate it, but fact is the game can be completed easily with just the flame sword.
22:50
[165]
The Javelin [ level 40 ]
Can you still finnish the game for the rebels even if you kill rhobar
21:37
[166]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Not likely unless u already got the finishing quests from him. But the main ones come from Innos so maybe so.
15:13
[167]
DANFANTASTICUL [ level 39 ]
i cant find anywhere 'where is the guru' quest

where it is the description and the explanation of how am i must do the quest with where is the guru?

19:33
[168]
Stranger [ gamepressure.com ]
DANFANTASTICUL --> Are you sure that's the name of the quest? Please check the game's journal and remember that you can use the search engine of each guide to find the description of the quest you're looking for.
I have a right to remain dead.
Copyright © 2005-2014 GRY-Online S.A. - About gamepressure.com - Privacy Policy - Contact Us