gamepressure.com | game guides | games encyclopedia | web games
login (email): password:
auto log in (cookie) | forgot your password?
<
Gothic 3: Fire Clan
16:48
[1]
gigel [ old one ]
I have the map of the ancestor tombs. Pls can you tell me whic one is Akascha's tomb on the map?

Thanks in advance
17:38
[2]
Rodrigo [ old one ]
His tomb is the farthest one north. Near Xardas.
07:44
[3]
hi How I can fint the tomb betwin the wolf et hammer clan thx
21:29
[4]
bugs [ old one ]
gothic 3 has too many bugs. get oblivion.
09:09
[5]
KARAKUM [ old one ]
A very useful guide. Thank you. A tip about smithy: Learning mining helps to collect ore faster in Nordmar quests. Learning forging swords helps to get gold faster.
12:27
[6]
Hammerman [ old one ]
can anyone tell me where can i find osmund?
04:01
[7]
sakanuki [ old one ]
I have been searching for weeks and still cannot find the tomb at the farthest west on the map. Has anyone actually found it? I have truly scoured the area and I'm starting to believe it's just not there . . . Help!!!! Did find all the others though.
01:20
[8]
Mongo [ old one ]
Yes, they are all there. The navigation in Nordmar is tricky. The x marks the inner part of the cavern, not the entrance.
22:50
[9]
dim [ old one ]
what is that sword the hero has and what is the ???? skill
01:02
[10]
Mongo [ old one ]
The hero starts with an orcslayer, nothing extraordinary about the sword except that it gives you the orcslayer skill. The ??? is ???
05:31
[11]
ANGRY_russian [ old one ]
hey it's me again. So I have found only the tomb by the fire clan. I can't find any of the others. Someone needs to noclip and take a birds eye picture. Or wireframe.
13:06
[12]
Mongo [ old one ]
You should have a map, that has 'X' marks the spot, though the X is the inside of the cave not the entrance. Search and check all levels; you should have figured out by now that the terrain in Nordmar is layered to give additional area without expanding outer boundaries. Small ridges when viewed from below are rather expansive once upon them.
15:26
[13]
russian [ old one ]
so upon going to the tomb south of Baldar's it should be on the hill that is much higher than you?
09:52
[14]
dim [ old one ]
i meant wat is the sword in all these pictures and am i the only person wo cant finish this game
09:54
[15]
dim [ old one ]
also is there any way to get the shit from the esmeralda back i liked that sword
09:59
[16]
zaxxa [ old one ]
how r the newer versions of this game dfferent to the original like are there new weapons, quests armopur or is does the game just run better
10:19
[17]
Gothic fan [ old one ]
i have played gothic 2,3 and i would like to know were i can buy gothic 1 i am from australia
20:44
[18]
Mongo [ old one ]
I have it, but I don't think the original can be purchased anywhere, FreeGiftWorld.com is offering it as a free gift, if you want to fulfill there sponsor site requirements. Other than that try a used SW place. Just like 3 the original game (1991?) required a top line PC (not by today's standards), but it pushed the envelope. The story begins with the hero being dumped inside a barrier (like the one around Vengard) into a prison colony. There were three factions there to choose from (Old Camp, New Camp, or Swamp Camp. Game was linear though, but still a nice story line developed as the game progressed, Gothic 2 picks up where the original left off, and 3 is the continuation of 2. You don't have to have played the earlier version(s) to play, but the background helps with the story line, esp. for 3 because of the non-linearity you may not get complete narration. Or you get it all, but in sequence, so it seems disjointed.
12:33
[19]
dim [ old one ]
wat is the sword in these pictures and can u get the stuff from the esmeralser back
20:53
[20]
Mongo [ old one ]
I can't tell from these pictures which sword it is, but you will find just about every sword that is available, you have to buy the fire sword. It and other swords become available as your reputation with the faction rises. No, forget the esmerelda, if you paid attention to the opening dialog with Lester, he told you that pirates stole everything (and no they are not hiding somewhere with the stuff). The dialog then continues about how you will have to obtain new stuff. All three episodes of Gothic begin with you at lowest level and devoid of good weapons, armor, etc. It would be an easy and boring game if you started with the best weapon, best armor, etc.
23:32
[21]
dim [ old one ]
thanks man just wondering
07:29
[22]
Dim [ old one ]
whats the easiest way to do nordmar
12:57
[23]
Mongo [ old one ]
Wow, that's an open ended question. You just have to follow the directions given in this guide. Not sure there is an easy way vs. any other way. Some quests are easy, others are not. There are planty of companions, which can be a help or a hindrance. They are not always the best fighters, and you certainly can't expect them to carry the burden, I find it best, when using companion, to sort of thin the herd, so to speak, and then go back for them to help finish. Of couse that's because I do not want them to die. Some it does not matter, others you will fail/lose the quest and the rewards.
19:14
[24]
Companions [ old one ]
In my experience companions don't react to wild beasts unless you start the fight, and it's easy to dodge beasts so I don't think it's a big problem. Except if it's different with you guys. And another strange thing: sometimes I kill the one orc after the other with a single blow, and sometimes it takes more blows to kill them. Is this a bug?
14:07
[25]
CrashBoy [ old one ]
I followed Ragnar to Ejnar's tomb, cleaned it out, and got his helmet. I went back to Ragnar to get the ancestor stone for Ejnar's tomb, but he would not give it to me. Do i need to complete additional quest for him...(even tough when I talk to him he says to leave him alone)? Cause i don't think beating him up will solve anything.... I just hope it's not a bug...
18:30
[26]
Zapotek [ old one ]
It's not a bug. You should talk to the leader of the Fire Clan. When you tell Ragnar that guy sent you he gives you the stone. Beating him up might work, I thought about that to but haven't tried it yet. Btw the Orc shaman in Snorre's tomb doesn't have a stone here with me. Could another orc have it? Or could I just insert the stone 'cos I want to finish this quest without having to go way back...
23:04
[27]
Mongo [ old one ]
Zapotek is right, since you followed Rathgar (you don't have to, he will go to Pedar's on his own), you do not actually have the quest for the ancestor stones, so you need to talk to the leader Kerth to get the quest and the map you see above. The one with the red 'X' marks the spot of the six tombs. I make it a point to 'loot' nearly all dead bodies, you accumulate all kinds of stuff and every one once in a while a rare item. If I remember, Rathgar has one of the stones, of course, and a shadow beast has one, and the rest are associated with orcs - two directly and two indirectly.
23:33
[28]
Mongo [ old one ]
If you are using a companion to help you kill beasts, why oh why would you dodge them?? Gothic is not a game for dodgers. My problem with most of the companion quest, i.e.; the go hunting ____ with ____ ones, is that the AI for the companion is hosed. It's a program error or bug if you will. The companion normally leads you to the spot where the prey is, but he stops, and is waiting for a chat with you (to tell you that the prey is nearby). Unfortunately, he has traveled right into the midst of the prey and they indeed are alerted and are doing their 'dance' prior to attacking. The companion goes brain dead and awaits your chat and will not fight, and if you can not kill the prey in time he dies and the quest gets cancelled. This brings up another issue, which is not being able to reach 75% reputation in a town to gain admittance to the 'inner circle'. If you are having this problem, it is likely that you have missed quests. A cancelled quest like described above does not show up as a failed quest. It just dissappears, and you have no opportunity to get the boost in reputation from completing it. If you are out of quests and not at 75%, then you have missed many opportunities for plus ups. Likely because you failed to note the quest cancelled message for when a companion died. You do not need to complete all quests to get to 75% but you can't lose out on too many either.
20:23
[29]
vayha [ old one ]
i have update of game ver.1.2*** and npcs - companions don't die. they are very usefull as shields. they are just like tanks.. btw it is strange that 5 wolfes cant kill him, beating companion as hell, but one wolf can kill me with one combo - the funny thing is that i can kill companion with 2 hits...
20:37
[30]
Mongo [ old one ]
Hmmm! I have NA version and there is no patch available YET! I am not sure I like them being invincible, they should just be smarter. Do you run into the middle of a pack of wolves? They do and then just stand there absorbing blows until they die. Sometimes they eventually draw their weapon, but most times they take a dirt nap before they can.
00:22
[31]
russian [ old one ]
Well I found a bug (or a dead script). When you find osmund, you go into the cave and kill all the skeletons. Then you kick orc ass. Then go with osmund and kill the shaman (i left the shaman frozen while i was fighting the other guys). So then he melted and I ran away. Then we killed him. The osmund guy won't give me the stone. I searched the body of the shaman before i even went with osmund (first time around), then i beat up osmund, he didn't have the stone. An easy way to get 2 ancestor stones of the same kind (dont know why you would want to do that but...) is going to faring, give tom the stone, DONT say that you will take the stone to nordmar. Kill the lurkers with wilson, go back to tom and say that you WILL take the stone to nordmar. He gives you the stone. Then say you CAN take the stone to nordmar. You get 2 stones. BTW, where is the white ripper?
01:43
[32]
Mongo [ old one ]
As I stated on another of these, I suspect that the white ripper roams, since it is a wolf, a named ice wolf to be precise, and wolves do roam. Bogir says it is 'terrorizing Nordmar' that seems like a clue that it is not in a precise location. Otherwise he might say, it is 'terrorizing Deer Flats'. I don't know this to be a fact, but people give directions and I find him in a totally different part of the map.
04:45
[33]
Lufta [ old one ]
the king will not appear in my game anyone one know what is this problem and how to fix it hit me back at heycaniborrowaknife@hotmail.com would be much appreichated
00:33
[34]
Mongo [ old one ]
Have you been to the castle in Vengard? That's where you find him. I suspect people are expecting to find him in the Temple of Vengard. No, you have to fight your way through the orcs to get to the castle. There is no easy way. And his name is Rhobar.
18:41
[35]
Radu [ old one ]
Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Is that dam snorre's ancestor stone?contact me at ghanaat_radu@yahoo.com
13:07
[36]
Mongo [ old one ]
See ancestor stone for Snorre above. If you did not find it on the dead orc shaman's body, I can't help you.
16:33
[37]
Trollshiro [ old one ]
There's another stone on the ground near the throne (so you can have 2 Snorre's stone).
20:47
[38]
Somebody [ old one ]
I think there's a bug. (It's about Angir's tomb) I killed the whole group of the orcs, and then Osmund went to the shaman's body, and did something. Now he stayes at the empty orc camp. I can't talk to him just trade, and I don't know how to get the ancestor stone. I beated him but he haven't got it in the inventotry. Please help me how to persuade him!
20:50
[39]
Mongo [ old one ]
Just a thought, did you check all the dead orc bodies?
20:51
[40]
Somebody [ old one ]
Now I see that I have the same problem as russian
20:57
[41]
Somebody [ old one ]
yes I did, but now they disappeared (I killed them a long time ago)
21:02
[42]
Somebody [ old one ]
but when I did that quest i didn't know about theese tombs, so I didn't know that i should find that damn stone. So if you know what I must do to solve the problem please write!
00:16
[43]
Mongo [ old one ]
Search the area, it might just be lying on the ground. Usually required stuff will not disappear. There is a bug that allows beasts/opponents necessary to complete a quest to sort of fall into or through terrain. If you save and reload, sometimes they will reappear. Sometimes if you move to another spot, they come out of a wall or rock or underground. Sometimes they can damage you but you can't damage them. Save and reload. you may have to do it more than once. Listen for the fight music soundtrack, that is a dead giveaway that something is nearby, even though you may not see it.
19:43
[44]
Somebody [ old one ]
thx a lot
19:45
[45]
Somebody [ old one ]
sorry, what arena do you mean?
19:49
[46]
Mongo [ old one ]
Not arena, area, on the ground around where the fight took place, and inside the tomb, search the bodies. You know you can't search with your weapon drawn.
20:59
[47]
Somebody [ old one ]
Ahh, now I did it... with no result. I have a savegame before that fight so I can reload it. That's my only hope... I've lost 20 hours of my life. But really thanx for the help
21:06
[48]
Somebody [ old one ]
You know that if you have your bow in your hand, over the head of living objects appears their name. If I use telekinesis , I think that happens with not living objects, so I could find easier the stone in the area. Do you know if it's true?
23:01
[49]
Mongo [ old one ]
That's possible, never tried it, my son chides me about the fact that I pick up everything, but then I am never hurting for gold.
22:54
[50]
Edgar [ old one ]
Where is Kaelin's hammer that he says is nearby in the bushes?
23:04
[51]
Mongo [ old one ]
Well, just like he said it is nearby in the bushes. The bushes are very near where you found him and rescued him from the beasts (Ice wolves?). I haven't tried this but save nearby, take out a telekinesis spell, don't cast it but scan the area, just like you would do with a bow, but with the spell inanimate objects should display with a nick. Walk around until the right thing shows up, walk up to it, put away the scroll and pick it up.
23:14
[52]
edgar [ old one ]
the problem is I don't remember where in nordmar I killed those ice wolves. A land mark would be helpful. Also how do you shoot fire arrows and exploding arrows and blade quarrels?
22:18
[53]
Mongo [ old one ]
Sorry, If you have been to Nordmar, you know directions/landmarks are at best not easy. Don't you remember where Kaelin was when being attacked? How did he tell you that his hammer is nearby in some bushes, if you weren't there? You actually have to do this stuff, find Kaelin, save him from the beasts, dialog, get quest to find hammer, find it, it is not that difficult, then return it to him. The hammer is not there until you are given the quest to find him. You have to equip the bow, then equip the desired type of arrows. For blade quarrels, same thing except they go with a crossbow. You shoot arrows with a bow, crossbows shoot quarrels
16:38
[54]
DKn [ old one ]
Hi there! I need some help with Angir's stone. The way I made the quest it's slightly different from what I've read in the comments, so I'm gonna explain it. First I found the orc camp and killed all orcs, didn't know there was Osmond near. I remember I didn't kill any orc shaman 'cos I would remember. Then I loot the camp, I tend to kill orcs in separate places to not have a mountain of dead bodies because is harder to get all stuff from them. When I talked to Osmund I got 2 quests finished in the act, Find & Kill the orc shamans, but Osmund doesn't want to go anywhere, only trade. So I miss the stone :( I've looked for items and the shaman in the area with no results, bow and telekinesis spell are very useful. That was 3 days ago. I went to distant areas in the map to do another quests to see if the "bug" repairs itself, but now I've returned to nordmar and can't find the shaman nor the stone. Anyone knows if the shaman should be in the orc camp or somewhere else?
17:07
[55]
Mongo [ old one ]
Not sure there is way around that one, you are supposed to help Osmund recover the stone, then he will give it to you. Since you short-circuited the quest, I can not tell you how to fix it. If Osmund does not have it, then you are stuck, if he has it but will not give it up, you may be stuck, unlees you can beat him up and take it while he is down. That could cause other problems, but it is the only way I know short of 'NEW GAME' or never completing the quest.
19:06
[56]
DKn [ old one ]
Ok, too many bugs in the game... I will take the easy way to have the item. Thanks for your fast answer!
04:29
[57]
Minh Nguyet [ old one ]
To: Somebody. I did just as you told about ork's camp and killing shaman, Osmund also didn't give the stone to me but it suddenly appeared in my inventory. May be you should check yours too.
15:51
[58]
mastersword [ old one ]
Where i can find White Ripper??Please help me plz
18:06
[59]
Ratrace931 [ old one ]
Will someone help me figure out where Kaelin's hammer is (hidden near by in some bushes). I must have kill the wolfs in advance. When I met Kaelin, it was my first time entering the Fire Clan entrance (first brigde), and as he walked by (he was leaving the camp) I asked him about the Forge Ore Weapons quest. He thanked me for saving him, how nice, I didn't even know i did.
21:56
[60]
Mongo [ old one ]
For white ripper, please read comments in hammer clan section. If you have a clue where the hammer might be, then use a Telekensis scroll, don't cast it, but it should show you all inanimate objects within range, similar to bow shows creatures. Keep exploring until you find it. Good Luck.
22:01
[61]
Mongo [ old one ]
My bad, I meant wolf clan section, not hammer.
00:57
[62]
Ratrace931 [ old one ]
Found Kaelin's hammer...As you leave the Fire Clan, go left (not towards the Monastary) towards Hammer/Wolf Clan. Go about 200 yards and look for a LARGE pack of Wolves on the left. Kill them/help Kaelin and I found it out in the open in the same area. Also, If anyone (mastersword) gets an acurate location for the White Ripper..Please leave directions for the area. Thanks
15:33
[63]
Somebody [ old one ]
telekinesis is a good idea to find objects, isn't it?
19:01
[64]
worthalot [ old one ]
You get the Angir’s Ancestor Stone helping the Nordmarian Osmund you find near the tomb. Help him to destroy a group of Orcs. This way he gets back the stone and then you may take it from him. Well, sorry to say but this did not work for me because when you kill all the Orcs a few run away when the music comes to show yuo have killed them all but the Orc with the stone has also ran away leaving poor Osmund with nothing as i have also killed hom to search him, the Orcs that ran away has gone for good, so now what do it do and how do i get this stone, please e-mail me on clive.worth@btopenworld.com you can also type in my name, Clive worth in Google or Yahoo Search to see who i am
21:38
[65]
Mongo [ old one ]
I hear this a lot but it seems to me when battling a group of Orcs, taking out the Shaman is priority #1. How do you guys survive letting the Shaman blast you with Fire or Ice spells? I always locate the shaman and take them out first, then sweat the warriors. I suspect some of this is the use of the God cheat where you can't be killed. If you played without the cheat, then you would develop proper strategies.
18:59
[66]
worthalot [ old one ]
No cheat, i let Osmund, kill the Sharman while i killed all the other Orcs but when i almost killed them all, Osmund, was still trying to kill the Sharman, who then ran off and yes, i to always kill the Sharman first but did a blunder to leave this one for Osmund, who did not kill him, so he ran away, so now what do i do, is there a cheat then that i could use to recover this stone or any way i can get it because i am now well and truly stuck and i love this game so much,
20:20
[67]
Mongo [ old one ]
Well, you can try the telekinses thing, but it may not work in this case. If not, don't know another solution. BTW, the orcs who run off do not get very far, you will note that a lot of experience posts pop up after they run for it, their stuff will just be lying on the ground not far from the battle area. No bodies, just stuff.
20:36
[68]
worthalot [ old one ]
OK, I shall look for the stuff hanging around because there is some there and i need to check them all, in the mean time i have just won Bakaresh over after finding him in the cave, so thank you for that help on the Bakaresh quest because i can still compleat the game with other quests even if i do not find that stone, this is what is good about this game, is that you have other options with so many other quests you can go on to do if you fail with others,
18:40
[69]
DKn [ old one ]
I recovered the stone with the get item cheat (go to google), I don't think this can be considered cheating as I'm trying to solve some sort of bug.
19:34
[70]
worthalot [ old one ]
Thank you DKn and no it is not cheating because i killed all the Orcs anyway, it is the games fault that the Orc with the stone has ran away with it and dissapeared, also if you kill Osmund, he has an axe worth L10,000 but he cannot be killed, he comes back alive, wait a while or save and reload, he has the axe again, i done this 10 times and then i went around selling this axe, so now i have L200,000, a good way to build your money up,
20:17
[71]
worthalot [ old one ]
DKn, been on google, typed in cheats and it tells you to go to Open the ge3.ini file in the Gothic3/Ini folder and change the following line in Notepad, where do i find all this in the game, how do i open it, it this what you meant DKn because i do not see, get item cheat,
21:03
[72]
DKn [ old one ]
Search for the "Cheat List/FAQ" from IGN, use them wisely.
16:05
[73]
worthalot [ old one ]
OK, DKn we are getting somewher because you mean this but how do i go about doing all this, non of the cheats tell you how to do it, in the game itself, in inventory, before you start the game or where and how, (Locate the ge3.ini file in the directory /Gothic3/Ini and open it in Notepad. Search for the string:) [Game] TestMode=false And replace the word 'false' with 'true'. Save the file as an INI file (not a TXT file -- something only Notepad can do) and boot your game. With such a minor change to the INI file, you can safely change the value back if your game crashes. American and European Key Boards have slight differences in the arrangements of the Keys. The _ key (underscore) and the ? key (question mark) are exchanged so when you try to get the NTSC cheat codes to work, they don't work in PAL unless you replace the underscore with question marks. An example would be give Cat_Armor would have to be changed to give Cat?Armor instead. Once you boot Gothic 3, you can drop the dialogue box using the TILDE key (next to numeric 1 on the keyboard). Input the following codes for kicks: give all ... all items gained
18:43
[74]
worthalot [ old one ]
found it DKn, got boot my game now and see what i have to do then,
19:52
[75]
worthalot [ old one ]
Ooops, i see what you mean by, (use them wisely), anyway, thank you DKn for your help because it is such a good game, you can also check me out on google, type in my name, clive worth but as you can see, it is games i enjoy more than the right ups about me,
21:24
[76]
Mongo [ old one ]
A word of advice, make a copy of the original .INI file before you make changes, you will have to rename it something like GE3.BAK and move to another folder. You then can make some of the other recommended changes to the INI file, for the Graphics, if you wish, but you could screw things up really bad, and will need that original file to recover. This is advice from what I have read, not from experience, as I have not made changes to the file.
20:10
[77]
worthalot [ old one ]
Thank you, Mongo but so far so good, all i did was change fales in the file to true, then i was able to do my cheats and now i am flying through the game and as for graphics, it worked well on a Readon 9200 but not on a Readon 9600, strange that was, then i got me a Nivada GeForce 6200, then it worked better but kept flashing all the time, till i got me that fire sword, that stopped it from flashing but the Readon 9200 worked better than them all and it was the cheapest card to buy as well,
23:01
[78]
DKn [ old one ]
I only enabled cheats to have my lost stone, I used the "give" cheat, it makes appear the desired item in front of you, so you can pick it. There's a big list with all the item names to be used with that cheat, I simply copied from the list and pasted into the game, so I had no problem with the _?' issues. The wisely way I was reffering to... I mean, let's not waste the game using abusive cheats.
13:19
[79]
worthalot [ old one ]
U R right DKn because i loved the other two games so much, Gothic 1 and 2 as well as the Reven one with its extra levels and i have waited a long time for this one, so now i aim ot make it last,
08:31
[80]
Palm tree [ old one ]
my cheat menu was all black and i couldnt see anything any advice on how to see wat i am doing
08:37
[81]
Gdog [ old one ]
Can anyone tell me if gothic 1 is a good game and is it similar to gothic 2
12:12
[82]
Mongo [ old one ]
Well, yes though it (original Gothic) is probably no longer commercially available. At the time of its original release, it too required the high end of the available PCs. By today standards, it is pretty low end. The one nice thing is that the entire game installs and you do not need the CD to play. It is the precursor story for Gothic 2 (as 2 is for 3). The story begins as Rhobar sentences the hero to be banished into a penal colony, an area that you revisit in 2. There are essentially three factions to chose from. The old camp where you meet Diego, Milton, and Thorus. The new camp where you meet Gorn, Lee, Lars, and all the water mages. The swamp camp where you meet Angar (Cor Angar) and Lester. There are others, but you get he drift. The end of the story is the defeat of the demon known as the sleeper and the removal of the barrier that held you (and all others) captive. So the beginning of 2 is the area just outside the prison colony.
12:50
[83]
fedejico [ old one ]
I just can't find Berek's tomb (the one to the far west), even though I'm very close to the spot in the map. It seems the tomb is on top of some ridge; I can't figure out how to get on top of it. Neither can I recall the way to Ejnar's tomb. Help please! Great guide, BTW.
13:00
[84]
fedejico [ old one ]
I forgot to mention I already wiped out all five orc camps, have teleport stones for Xardas' tower, the three Clans, and the monastery. I can get to Rathgar rather easily (after he travels to the smith's place) but can't find Ejnar's tomb. One more thing that bugs the crap out of me. I can't get the recipe to Nordmar's liquor. I did the "booze for the orc" quest in which you have to handle 2 bottles of it to some orc guard. However, Tippler won't give me the recipe -his corpse's loot doesn't show it either- and I can't seem to get the liquor from anybody. I need the liquor to forge Nordmar's sword, so I can fulfill the "Ingvar wants a sword" quest.
13:53
[85]
Mongo [ old one ]
Enjar tomb if you have the stone from Rathgar, is down the hill from Pedar's hut/cabin and turn left, there should be a ledge that leads straight back to the tomb. The spot on the map is the inside of the tomb, thus the entrance is not where the x marks the spot, thus widen your search accordingly. As for the recipe, I assume availability from Tippler involves the correct sequence of quest completion and dialog choice. I got it with no trouble. I don't think there is an alternative other than a cheat to summon the recipe or the stuff. And actually even without the recipe, you should have been able to obtain 3 bottles, leaving one for you after completing 'the booze for' quest. Go to the Faring comments.
16:06
[86]
fedejico [ old one ]
Never mind, I found a map in some other website that clearly points to all relevant locations in Nordmar. Now I wonder why so much fuss about pure mineral weapon forging, since I got the skill but can't forge any new weapons. Rather funny, isn't it?
23:30
[87]
Palm tree [ old one ]
can someone please tell me why my cheat menu is black
20:57
[88]
Mongo [ old one ]
What do you expect a command prompt window to be?
09:43
[89]
Palm tree [ old one ]
i expect it to see the words so i know if i have made a mistake
20:49
[90]
Mongo [ old one ]
Did you enable the test mode in the ini file? See comment 73 (worthalot).
19:51
[91]
Johnny Tambourines [ level 82 ]
grrr... im quickly becoming very annoyed with Nordmarian quests. could some one please point me in the direction of Kalan the fire clan smith? since I got the "approval of the smelters" quest, he is no where to be found. does he run out into the woods or something? any help would be appreciated.
13:10
[92]
ddeini [ Corporal ]
Dammit..... i dont want to kill me self...

In one of the quests i have to kill a warrior called Einar, and guess what my real name is ...?

Thats rigth :)

Lots off scandinavian names in Nordmar
01:00
[93]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Go see my long explanation on how to find Larson and Kalan in the Hammer clan section (Nick is just Mongo in early posts)
22:49
[94]
Xelian [ level 82 ]
Can someone tell me where Rathgar is after you clean up the tomb. I'm unable to find him and cannot complete one of the main Fire clan quests...
16:19
[95]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Rathgar is likely in one of two locations; he is either at the campfire on the path from the pass into Nordmar from Faring (main path; there are more than one) or if you already spoke to him and sent him on his way (did not follow him) he tells you that he will be at Pedar's hut. If you go to Pedar's hut and it looks like only one character is standing there, closely examine the one character, Rathgar and Pedar may be Siamese twins and you have to move until the proper nick is available before speaking to the duo.
04:09
[96]
kain1984 [ level 82 ]
hiz...! ok. i have a little problem here... i'm in the snorre tomb and i have the snorre ancestor stone in my inventory... For some reason when i get to the pedestal my character gets close to it and then nothing... he just gets back. It doesn't ask me for the stone like it should.

is it possible that i'm in the wrong tomb? isn't the snorre tomb the one further east closest to xardas's tower?(i think it's directly beneath it)

i hope it's not a bug or something

thnx in advance

this post has been modified by its author [2007-07-05 05:10:04]
20:38
[97]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
I assume you have the quest to visit the ancestor's; if not you need to talk to the leader of the clan and get the quest. If you have the quest, you have the special map with the locations of the ancestor tombs marked with red x. You can tell if you are in Snorre's tomb by checking the nick of the undead warrior you killed. If the nick is not Snorre, you are in another tomb. I don't remember which was which, you have to visit them all, anyway. You have to recover each of the stone's in a bit of a side quest, some are easy, other's not so.
16:48
[98]
mattyc123 [ level 76 ]
ino this will b stupid question but how do you open up the gothic directory?
this post has been modified by its author [2007-12-26 17:49:25]
21:53
[99]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
If you did a default install, the gothicIII folder should be in the Aspyr (NA version) folder under Program Files folder. If not NA, the do a find (option folder or files) and type in GothicIII, then search, when it finds the folder (not a file) just dblclick on the folder. It should open. Why do you want to open the folder? If you are looking for a specific file, just do a find on the file name incl. the file extension.
15:37
[100]
Demon from Gotha [ level 75 ]
Hi, first of all I want to thank you for helping me with some quests, but I have one weird problem, I solved the quest with Thorald and i asked him to come with me, then he simply stopped and didn't move. I left him behind and now when I want to take someone as my companion I can't, it says that I already have a companion. I tried to find Thorald and do something about it, kill him or at least tell him to go back, but there's no way to find him. Please if someone knows how to deal with this problem, help!! THNX

16:03
[101]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
The only solution is to find Thorald, he is likely back where you first left him or back where you picked him up. Draw a bow in the vicinity and his nick will appear if he's in the area.
17:41
[102]
Demon from Gotha [ level 75 ]
Yeah, I tried that, but it was about 3 months ago when this happened so there's no way I can find him, but thanks anyway
17:21
[103]
EyeZ [ level 75 ]
Just summon a demon,goblin... i think that will work
23:46
[104]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Summoning a demon won't help him find him, that was his problem. His game still has Thorald as a companion, and you can't have another. If he could find him there are many options to get rid of him as a companion, such as 'Go Back' dialog.
12:34
[105]
bmart7 [ level 72 ]
i have a bit of of a problem

u see after talkin to Thorad he dissapeared and when i go bak to fire clan or get close it says Quest Failed: Armor For Thorad (most likley he died)

can sum1 tell me wat to do or where to find him and save him??
12:37
[106]
bmart7 [ level 72 ]
lol soz another glitch i think

coz i cant find snoores ancestor stone

i killed the shaman and no stone
14:40
[107]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
But did you kill the orc shaman inside Snorre's tomb? Check the nick of the undead warrior to be sure which tomb it is. There are lots of orc shamans, only one has the ancestor stone.
01:55
[108]
bmart7 [ level 72 ]
i killed the one inside the tomb, with the 3 warriors.

and ive looked every where :S
01:58
[109]
bmart7 [ level 72 ]
i have a bit of of a problem

u see after talkin to Thorad he dissapeared and when i go bak to fire clan or get close it says Quest Failed: Armor For Thorad (most likley he died)

can sum1 tell me wat to do or where to find him and save him??
23:29
[110]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
We are not communicating well. Not Orc Warrior, the undead warrior, check his nick and make sure it is Snorre. There are five or six different tombs. Each for a different undead warrior. If it is Snorre's tomb, check all the Orc corpses and Snorre. Not just the shaman.

A general hint for Nordmar, when you go there be prepared to walk about and kill creatures (except the orcs guarding the mine), that way your NPCs won't die when they go walk about. After cleansing the place. a long and tedious task, then take on the major clan quests.
03:12
[111]
bmart7 [ level 72 ]
aha i found the stone, i used telekenisus

and thorad, the bastard thought he could take on 3 ripper beasts by himself :P
12:45
[112]
philips14c [ level 71 ]
For those of you who like me have problems in locating all the orc camps in Nordmar here is the map:

http://aeons.planetquake.gamespy.com/rpgs/imap.php?IMENU=4_0&IMAP=nordmar_places

Its in german but it's easy to read: Orklager means orc camp! There are eight of them in the entire Nordmar! Happy orc hunting!
16:30
[113]
mattyc531 [ level 71 ]
i know ths is going to sound stupid but how do u actually do the codes? like do you use _ instead of spaces? and at the end of the cheat how do you make it work, like in gothic 2 when you used marvin mode you used to press enter when u finished the password to activate it, how do you do it on gothic 3? for example the mani cheat i am trying to do is to get snorres ancestor stone, how do i do it
this post has been modified by its author [2008-05-27 17:38:16]
14:07
[114]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Can't help you, never use cheats.
11:24
[115]
jon h [ level 69 ]
Im trying to do the "approval from the ore smelters quest but for some reason I cant find kalan the fire clan smith anywhere - he isn't at his smithy or anywhere in the clan - can you help?
12:25
[116]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
If you talk to people you would know he is not in the clan, also you would know that if you bothered to read this guide and the subsequent threads, but here goes. If you went on the hunting mission with Lief go to the same area, you should hear a skirmish, equip your bow and walk toward the voices, you should encounter a pack of orcs, kill them, kalan will be there.
14:25
[117]
Jimaras [ level 65 ]
I cant find the ancestor stone of Rathgar...i have liberate faring whithout quests and now i cant find ali...to take the stone...can anyone helps me?
21:03
[118]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
It's in Ali's chest upstairs above the inn
14:51
[119]
Borro [ level 65 ]
Doesn't seem that anybody here mentioned it, but if you choose the "how about ore?" option with Kerth after discussing rewards for completing the Nordmar liberation quest, you get the much sought-after pure magic ore blank.
16:22
[120]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Thanks for that tip, hopefully it is not random, as finding it in a chest along with some other rare items is. That's why you don't see many tips on where to find some things, because they appear randomly, in different chests, throughout the map. Of course, it is that random factor that makes the game so intriguing for me. The game is made for people who want the freedom to explore, and find stuff; vs. those who want a prescribed path to follow. I think this guide was never intended as a walkthrough, but merely to point you in the right direction, and as a help if you are stumped. Also, knowing what the different faction rewards are, allows you to plan a strategy to achieve certain goals like peaceful admittance to Ishtar, and the castle in Faring.
18:23
[121]
Borro [ level 65 ]
Mongo1, I still haven't figured out - are you the author of the game guide itself? If so, great respect for all the work, it helped me out quite a few times when I was stuck:)

The pure ore blank from Kerth doesn't seem to be random – I tried it a few times with load/save and always got a Nordmar Sword when choosing "weapon" and the blank when choosing "ore". However, with this game you never know whether it will work properly because of the bugs&#61514;

As to the chests with good weapons, Rune Shield, pure ore weapon recipes etc. – there's nothing random about them. There are 48 "special" chests in specific locations in the game, and what you get from each is determined solely by how many you have opened before. For example, in the fourteenth chest there will always be a katana - however, the fourteenth chest may happen to be any of the 48, since it only matters that you have already opened 13 others.

The special chests can be discerned by the fact that you don't see "Chest" or "Metal chest" written on them as you approach (they all look like metal chests); still, not every unmarked chest is a weapons chest. The special chests are NOT the impossible ones (that require a scroll or the appropriate skill to open); there may be a similar feature with impossible chests as well, but I haven't been able to figure that out yet. There's a special chest in most of the cities - sometimes it's rather easy to rob one and not get caught, in other cases it's near impossible (like Trelis, where the chest is directly in the orc chieftain's headquarters). The chests on the map are usually extremely well guarded and/or hidden, so finding them requires a thorough exploration of the entire world. Actually, I consider finding special chests a meta-quest in this game&#61514;, as from a pure "gamer" point of view it isn't worth the effort, a sharpened selfforged bastard sword or ElBastardo and a paladin shield are more than enough to end the game, but in my opinion it's rather exciting to discover new weapons in the chests. There's a map and a list of all the items you get from each of the chests somewhere on the 'net, but I came to the conclusion that the list spoils half of the excitement and the map is not really helpful since even if you know that there's a chest "somewhere nearby" you have to make a thorough search of the area to find it.

19:40
[122]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
No, not the author, not even an official anything. I just started on this board a gamer just like most everyone else, and monitor activity to see if I can help someone out. I don't spend any time on other game forums, so I am unaware of what else is out there. I use the monikor Mongo (had to update to Mongo1 when they modified the user base), because I usually play these type games the entire way through as a melee fighter. I use open chest scrolls on impossible chests since I have always found enough scrolls to open all of them, thus why waste the skill points and gold to learn open impossible chests. Other than that, I use telekenisis scroll occasionally as a search option only. Comes in handy for things like Kalan's hammer. I have played Gothic 3 from the start through for each of the three solutions (with a couple of false starts); but each time strictly as a melee fighter. Someday, I will do it as a mage, but not anytime soon.
20:55
[123]
Borro [ level 65 ]
At the moment I'm in my first run at G3, and so far managed to get all of Adanos' artifacts without liberating a single city (except for the hostile ones - Ardea/Gothic/Vengard/Nordmar orcs), but it seems that it's getting to the point where I have to decide which side I'm on (something tells me that it will be Xardas;)) I don't think I'll be doing a fresh start anytime soon - the time consumption is just too much.

I've seen some "walkthroughs" (one is even labeled as "official" and is sold along with the game itself) and somehow it seems to me that Gothic is about the least suitable game to be played based on a walkthrough (I've read some exerpts from the "official" one, and I had to cry more than once, especially at the stats that the author had at the end of the game - not that stats are the most important thing in the world, but it just shows the level and so the amount of exploring).

Anyway, the addon has been released about a week ago, so I'll be keeping occupied:) It is said that the addon is even buggier than the original game, so it seems reasonable to wait for some patches, though:)
01:02
[124]
Borro [ level 65 ]
BTW, I've seen someone nicknamed Mongo on the JoWood forum, was it you?
02:04
[125]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
I don't think so, I've been there before but a very long time ago, and I don't remember if I used Mongo as a screen name there. Mongo is a character from the movie 'Blazing Saddles' played by Alex Karras, the picture avatar is from the movie, so obviously I can not claim exclusive rights to it. But it all started in games where you needed to name your character. I used that one a lot because it usually fit how I built the character. I learned from the early original Gothic game, that for a melee fighter, strength is king.
02:36
[126]
Borro [ level 65 ]
STR rules, yeah:) In the same series are the sentences like "who needs those f**king spells" and "all mages are cheaters":))))) Well, I'm basically a Dark Mage in every game I play, but only if it is purely an alignment and doesn't require killing loads of innocents and doing other things that Den Haag would get your ass for:)))

I'll get the movie and watch it, btw:) Initially my registration on this forum was triggered by your posts, so that's the least I can do, anyway.

And basically, my nickname is also from Hollywood - I just combined my name (Boris) with the name of my favourite character (Zorro) about the age of 9, and have stuck to it in all games since then (and have realized that I'm not the only Boris in the world who likes Zorro):))
23:17
[127]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
I have nothing against others playing the game any way they want. It is just my personal preference. I usually do at least one run through as a mage, just to gauge the difference. I do have a problem with people making choices and then complaining about the consequences.

Blazing Saddles is a Mel Brooks silly style comedy, if you liked his other movies, you will like this one, if not, probably this one won't please you either.
21:10
[128]
cooldude [ level 81 ]
if someone, like me, can't find all 5 of the orc camps than need to be cleared. here is a map:

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9311/orks.jpg

good luck fighting orcs
12:48
[129]
Danilo97 [ level 52 ]
Tnx for map.
11:56
[130]
Danilo97 [ level 52 ]
WHOAAA I JUST FOUND COOLEST WEAPON IN THE GAME!!!!! IT DEFENDS YOU AND ITS REALLY POWERFULL!!!! Ok i will now tell you how i got it (i got it for FREE, and its worth 1 gold, lol that is weird) , summon demon when you need him, and take care of him (he cant die if you want the sword) when you kill whoever you wanted talk to demon, tell him go back and he will fall down, click on him and take the sword, you need 660 strengh to weild it, its sooo awsome.
12:02
[131]
Danilo97 [ level 52 ]
And i now have about 100 krush tarach, and MANY weapons that are worth all together about 210 000 gold, and plus i have 90 000g on my own, so i can now buy back amulet of adanos that i sold (im real idiot, i didnt nhowned until i talked to Xardas in game, and to Mongo on site, that i need amulet of adanos to complete game, but i fixed that HUGE MISTAKE THAT COST ME REALLY MUCH!!!! ).
17:29
[132]
GnRNoD [ ImInTheGame ]
I don't have akasha's stone i killed the shaman long time ago and i think the corpse is gone by now...

oh and btw i killed the white shadow beast with bogir ( i found his resting place xD ) anybody has any idea of what i should do? i've cleared all of myrthana's and nordmar so im not starting a new game...
(= '-_-' =)
Imagine It's easy if you try It isn't hard to do I wonder if you can.
18:08
[133]
GnRNoD [ ImInTheGame ]
Nevermind my last comment i found the shaman's body bugged under a few stones...

this guide is great, im using the directions and the maps wich comes in extremely handy the game map sucks, and the nordmar map is even worst, i haven't gone to the desert yet but i bet the orc's map is also shitty.

and were can i find larson? he's not with the ore, maybe he's on the way there?
(= '-_-' =)
Imagine It's easy if you try It isn't hard to do I wonder if you can.
15:32
[134]
CemB [ level 51 ]
http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files3/4TH.jpg Here is SECRET CHEST

While u do ur ancestor tombs quest, u can check this chest too.
16:53
[135]
kittykatt123 [ level 50 ]
i can't find berek's tomb anywhere!!!!:( i went to the spot marked by x but i was just a bunch of bushes i tryed to get up the mountain to see if its on top but i couldn'. can some one PLZ give me directions on how to get to Bereks tomb from the Hammer clan!!
22:34
[136]
Gallonjah [ level 46 ]
Alright, so there's been a glitch i think or something. I accidantly liberated Faring, because i accidentaly hit a guy, then killed him :D (don't ask how) well, then i went to do the quest wich u need to find the Ancestor stone from the hasishin. But i can't find him!!! PLEASE HELP ME!! Now i'm stuck in the game acctualy... Anyway....email me if you know the solution of this----------- Gallonja7@gmail.copm
21:06
[137]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
The stone is in the hashishin's chest anyway, so you don't need him. His chest and some others are upstairs from the Inn (bar).
11:38
[138]
HarryErwin [ level 44 ]
How do I get the ancestor stone back from Rathgar? I've defeated the ghost and have his helmet, but Rathgar won't interact with me.
21:58
[139]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Well, it sounds like you killed the ghost spirit before interacting with Rathgar, so he has no reason to interact, but you still need the stone. One solution is to knock him out and take it. Can't think of any others.
10:57
[140]
HarryErwin [ level 44 ]
I killed it later. I decided this was a bug and spawned an ancestor stone using the console.
13:39
[141]
GloomyBear [ level 44 ]
Game map to the tombs is really @@!##!!

After half a day..I've only located Akascha-Angir-Baldar-Snorre..

21:44
[142]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Well, it is what it is, the X is the spot inside the cave, not the entrance to the cave, AND Nordmar is multi layered thus you have to be on the right layer.
20:42
[143]
Don Mole [ level 43 ]
I gotta problem. I've killed every single skeleton (Ejnar) in the tomb and I knocked Rathgar out to get the stone, but it doesn't work! I can't insert the stone in Ejnar's tomb! Please, help me!!
19:57
[144]
Don Mole [ level 43 ]
Oh, sorry don't mind my previous question, 'twas my bad. But: WHERE THE HELL CAN I GET TO ANGIR'S TOMB??? I've visited all the others and I've spent 'bout 2 hours searching for a way to get to Angir. HELP!!!
21:26
[145]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
Sorry don't remember each one of the tombs, but some are not easy to find, the map as I stated before has an X, but that is the spot inside the cave where the alter is. So you have to sort of walk in a small radius around the X to find the entrance. And don't forget Nordmar is multi layered so you have to be on the right layer.
02:51
[146]
The Javelin [ level 40 ]
I have a question.

When the person who writes this guide says 'leif cannot get killed.' Does that mean it is possible for leif to die but to complete the quest he must not, or leif is immortal and physically can't die.
19:22
[147]
Mongo1 [ level 83 ]
all npcs are mortal means you must not let him get killed - he must survive to get credit for quest
07:14
[148]
System84 [ level 38 ]
Regarding the ancestors' stones issue, you don't need to knock Rathgar down to get the stone. You simply need to get the quest from the Leader of the Fire Clan "Kerth". Once you talk to him, he'll tell you to ask for the stones from the surviving fighters.

Unless you talk to "Kerth", even if you knock Rathgar down and take the stone from him, I guess you won't be able to insert the stone since you don't have the quest yet.
17:40
[149]
suham [ level 12 ]
Hey listen here:

everybody is stuck on rathgar's ancestor stone.you cant get it until you take the mission from kerth(the leader of fire clan).even if u knock him down u will get stone but u cant fix it with the pedestal.So it is important to take the mission from kerth first.
Copyright © 2005-2014 GRY-Online S.A. - About gamepressure.com - Privacy Policy - Contact Us