<
Gothic 3: Geldern
18:36
[1]
geokost [ old one ]
guys i cant find druid runak-where is he at?near what landmark?

14:18
[2]
Tony [ old one ]
Bring Nemrok the artifact from the ruin in the north, WHERE??? i cant seem to find this, i'm looking near the rock portal but i think i've searched the hole area. I even found a way to go to the other side of the rock portal by jumping over the hills XD. There's a dragon west of Geldern but i cant kill it even with the bow becose after he lost half of his life he goes out of sight and come back with a full healt. btw is theire a better bow then the nimrod?
15:31
[3]
Hasan [ old one ]
Tony, the artifact that Nemrock is looking for is not too hard to get to, but it is difficult to explain how to get to. Basically, the easiest way to get there (explanation wise) is to first go to the wolf cave. The wolf cave is north of Geldern. It's pretty easy to find. Next, go to the river and follow it east (avoiding the 3 trolls in the area). Don't cross the river but skirt it instead, and after the trolls head up the hill. From this point head south--up the hill and you should quickly discover a group of shadowbeasts (there are 5) in a small ruins. The artifact is in the northwest most corner, but is guarded by 5 shadowbeasties and it can be a pain in the ass to kill them all without taking them out 1 at a time. As far as bows are concerned I have no idea which is the highest dmg dealer. For crossbows, however, I do know that after you beat the game, certain vendors will sell one that does 190dmg and they also sell the fire sword that is a 1hander that deals 100dmg. I generally stick to a mage build and add other skills to try them out. I haven't done the Robin Hood build yet (you know...hunter/thief). Also, the dragon can be killed with a couple ice spears or fireballs, although you will need to summon a golem or demon to keep it off you. With a bow...goodluck! Don't even think about meleeing them...you WILL die. There are also 3 dragons under Cape Dun in the mines. You have to fight through a ton of goblins and ogres to get to them if you use the top entrance. Minecrawlers line the bottom entrance before the dragons. I kinda wish that dragons had played a little more important of a role in Gothic 3...like Gothic 2. They made for fun fights. It would've been pretty cool if they'd been a faction, like the nomads, orcs, and rebels were!
17:52
[4]
Zodak [ old one ]
I've done all these quests except the ones wich involves stealing something...so I was wondering is somebody found a way to rob the temple w/o anyone nothice and to steal the first paladin's helmet. Do the guards go to sleep? :D
14:44
[5]
Zodak [ old one ]
Nvm i've done them ;;)
23:15
[6]
Tony [ old one ]
I was able to buy the fire sword at reddock for 1000 gold onley, and i didn't finisch the game (dificulty left at medium)! i even bought a second one and use both of them at the same time onley disadventage is that it does slows the game some times (geforce 7600) . the bow is quite good with the big game hunter skill the dmg is doubled... and with orc slayer skill u sometimes kill the strongest orcs in one hit! I never tryed magic yet i think it onley gets fun once u have the mana regeneration, can u make a dragon fight at ur side? Thank for the help, i'm gone find that artifact now!
21:25
[7]
I BANGED UR MOM [ old one ]
OMG U LAZY RETARDS DO IT URSELF GOD THATS HOW I BEAT GOTHIC AND GOTHIC 2 I DID IT MYSELF THATS WHAT U SHOULD DO
14:06
[8]
Nerem [ old one ]
Where is the sulphur mine of Geldern and where can i find those ruins to the northeast?there is an artifact in it
11:22
[9]
Xaero [ old one ]
What about druid Torn. How to complete his quest of Mobilizing the humans in geldern?
12:57
[10]
Xaero [ old one ]
Also i have got 6/7 old alchemist rings. Can some1 tell me where all are the 7 rings?
14:35
[11]
Aggressive Wild Boar [ old one ]
--->Xaero<--- Just search the city of geldern:the old alchemist's rings are all insede the city walls.The hardest to get is the one inside the locked and guarded room. About "Mobilizing People in Geldern":u need to complete all the quests involving the fire mage in Geldern (sorry,i forgot his name).
17:11
[12]
lazee [ old one ]
one of the alchemists rings is in the mine in front of geldern WHER U FIND Mazin digging; after u kill the golem in the first chamber check behind him on a rock!
08:36
[13]
lazee [ old one ]
i tried doing the tunnel wolf quest but the wolves are imune to magic and wouldn t u know it i m a magician; fireball, lighting and ice lance just go right through them without making any damage; they don t even notice being attacked; tried up close and from afar; no use;
11:06
[14]
Ghost [ old one ]
Bollock’s hunting party (they are near the Runak’s hideout). >> where is it?? :D
18:48
[15]
manouva [ old one ]
I have found 6 of the 7 rings ... those i found is the one in the shaman room where ou find the paladin's helmet ... an other in the room of the fire mage.... an other in the room of the asshole who forget everything ... an other in the room of the alchemist Peratur.... and the last I found is in the look room garde by ors near the north exit.... so where is the last .... it's not in the cave in front of Geldern..
17:35
[16]
Ozire [ old one ]
The local of all 7 rings would be a great help. I also have looked all over the place for the last ring. Also, the "tunnel wolves" can not be shot by arrows unless they fixed that in an update. Did anyone come across an odd stone portal a bit N-NE of the Wolf Mine? The stone portal is sorta in the side of the mountain but I have not a clue to what it does. My dude just gives the usual "I can't use that" blah blah blah :p
17:48
[17]
Ozire [ old one ]
To clarify my post: 1. ring on the rock behind Mazin in the Abandoned Mine, 2. ring on the lectern in room with shamys & pally helmet, 3. ring in Marius's shack, 4. ring in Renwik's home, 5. ring in Peratur's home on lectern by door, 6.ring in the locked room guarded by two guards, 7????????? no clue
06:27
[18]
Veryinky [ old one ]
Did you guys check the 2nd floor of the stone building with the merchant interested in buying the rings? The 2nd floor of the stone building where samuel the merc and the other orc mercs sleep, turn right as you enter the door, there's a ring there on the night stand.
19:44
[19]
Sate [ old one ]
I still am not able to find the artifact from Nemlok. Hasan's directions seem to contradict the ones in the faq and I can not follow because I have killed all the critters in the area so I dont see any shadowbeasts or trolls now.
08:54
[20]
Ben [ old one ]
7th ring is in the Gunock house.
18:21
[21]
Sate [ old one ]
I still am not able to find the artifact from Nemlok. Hasan's directions seem to contradict the ones in the faq and I can not follow because I have killed all the critters in the area so I dont see any shadowbeasts or trolls now.
18:56
[22]
stranger [ old one ]
why does boss in geldern,saying "I cannot believe morra(?)... <- not exactly correct", attack me? I thinked the reputation of orc is very low. but after completing orc's quest in other village(cape dun, montera, silden), he(boss in geldern) still attacks me...
19:41
[23]
stranger [ old one ]
and to sate, the artifact is on the hill, the highest hill near the orc's druid hunter.
06:49
[24]
Ben [ old one ]
to stranger: Orc's leader attacks you because you have liberated too many town's (more than 3 - ardea, cape dun, montera, silden?). ONLY way is to load a position before the last liberation. Or finish the game without some quests from Orc's leaders. to Sate: go from Wolf's cave belong the river in waterfalls direction. Keep to the left and then up, up, up. The aftifact is in the castle ruins on the barrel guarded by 4 shadowbeasts.
14:50
[25]
stranger [ old one ]
to ben, thanks.
13:43
[26]
Ozire [ old one ]
Thanks Matt for the good advice :) and Veryinky
20:51
[27]
Dude [ old one ]
Runaak is easy to find. If you check your map he is directly north of Geldern. Best way to find is go to Samuel's little excavation camp, and just head north from the right hand side. Keeping make your way north and eventually you will run into shadow beasts and some swamp lurkers. Follow the path of the lake beside the waterfall and you will hit Runaak soon enough. To find artifact for Nemlock.. Just follow Hassan's advice stick to the river north of Geldern and follow it until you hit a little waterfall. Go around the waterfall and up, you will hit many ripper beasts and some trolls. Change your direction and go above the little waterfall and you will find yourself going uphill. Go with it until you see the old castle ruins.
22:47
[28]
Stepan [ old one ]
Matt, it is easy to find Runak. First go to the wolf cave. Go down to the river where the trolls and monsters are. Then keep going upstream to the BIG waterfalls. Then you will see a place where you can get out of the water. If you go East and up, you will see large castle ruins. It is helpful if you buy a ranger's clothes or train the silent hunter skill. Then sneak(!!!) inside the ruins. The shadowbeasts should be sleeping. Go to the westmost wall and you will see a small package there labeled "shadow scepter". You have the artifact. Now if you go a bit east somewhat back downhill, turn south and then go and you will see a wooden shack. There are alot of wargs there. There is a path to go down there. Around the shack are rangers. Inside you will find Runak. As for Mezir's brother, go south of geldern, turn east, then run until you see some ogres. (if you want, you can make them chase you and let them chase you to geldern where they will fight the guards. This is a good idea if you would like to weaken a town before you officially attack it.) Go southeast, and you will see a cave. Go inside it. It should be *very* dark in there. DO NOT GO TO THE LEFT SIDE, AS THERE IS A GOLEM. Instead, go to the right side that eventually goes up. You will find Mezir's brother shoveling away. It is also where the *7th alchemist ring* is. Talk to his brother then go to Mezir.
14:56
[29]
GiesGoes [ old one ]
Grok is saying to me that he doesn't trusts morra's any longer and then the whole city start fighting with me. I can't talk to Grok because when I get near him he starts to talk and then begins the battle. Does anyone know why he does that and how I can talk normally to Grok without being attacked? TnQ
09:56
[30]
Steven [ old one ]
I had the same problem with grok, so I just attacked him, then I killed the guards around him, the mages, ... I thought the liberation started so I just started killing al the orcs. But when I came past marius, he wasnt fighting with me yet, so I had to talk to him and only then the liberation was triggered. That was kinda stupid, but i just went on killing untill geldren was liberated. So far so good I thought, but in the next orc town a while later they attack me directly on sight, seems like they are all mad at me and want my head, i'm afraid all orcs and mercenaries are gonna react from now on. What can I do about it, i don't have a save from before that grok bastard, cos obviously I can't do any quests in orc city's anymore...
15:55
[31]
GiesGoes [ old one ]
I've also attacked all the Orks, but when Grok said he wanted to kill me, I ran to Marius and talked to him. Then I ran to the Druid Torn at the ranger camp and talked to him. I thought he might help me. But hen all the Orks came to the rangers. very weird. And the rangers did nothing, only when they were attacked by orks. eventually, all the rangers but torn were dead. I ran to Geldern en started slaying orks. Then i talked to that thief you know, (dunno his name anymore) and he said to me that the Orks in other cities wouldn't appreciate the liberation of Geldern. So I think that i doesnt matter if you fight Grok when you talk to him, because once you've liberated Geldern, I think other Orks would attack you anyway because they've lost Geldern wich is a good city with a lot of possibilities (mines and stuff)
21:57
[32]
Mongo [ old one ]
Normally there is a limit (2) of how many cities you can liberate (exclude Ardea). So it is best to not liberate any others until you are ready to decide which of the three paths you want to follow. You have to know which quests are the ones you can not complete because they start the revolution, or ends it. I do not know if freeing Vengard and Nordmar of Orcs counts, but I don't think so, because you have no choice (just like Ardea, they attack you). Similarily, this is true of Varant cities, once you liberate more than two of hashishin, then you are immediately attacked by all hashishin. More important is that this includes those back in the Mrytanna cities. The Orcs will not join in unless you draw your weapon, you have to draw the hashishin out of the city away from all orcs and orc mercenaries, then kill them. It is better to likewise wait to liberate the Varant cities until you have completed everything you want and are ready to choose a path.
16:55
[33]
niko [ old one ]
where is that sulphur mine??
22:19
[34]
Mongo [ old one ]
Out the south? gate of geldern, turn left and walk along the town wall, you should see it, guarded by 3 non-hostile orcs, one named, talk to him.
22:27
[35]
Mongo [ old one ]
Check that, the north gate that leads to Silden, rest of directions are good.
18:48
[36]
Crashboy [ old one ]
Hey, Mongo, Well, so far I've eliberated Montera and Cape Dun (also Vengard, Ardea, the smelter in Nordmar), and the orcs aren't attacking me. What you said might be true... but it didn't happen to me yet.
21:56
[37]
Mongo [ old one ]
Right, you are at the limit of two, if you liberate another, you will cross the treshold, of course it might just be the reputation factor of 50 or more, which coincides with additional liberations.
04:30
[38]
Adanos [ old one ]
i can`t find the druid runak,i find around geldern but i can`t find druid runak near the city.where is druid runak?
11:26
[39]
Mongo [ old one ]
See comments 29 and 30, Runak is not close to Geldern, he is far to the north near one of the passes to Nordnar.
12:40
[40]
Somebody [ old one ]
Hi its me again, which mine is the geldern mine? I can't find the eager slaves
22:03
[41]
Mongo [ old one ]
It's the mine in the town, behind the arena. The particularly eager slave may be working in the mine. the eager slaves are usually outside just lounging about, but could be taking a shift in the mine.
23:59
[42]
Arkay [ old one ]
I recently completed the fire chalice quest for the monastery but when I talk to Grok the shaman, he knows somehow that i blessed all the fire chalices and immediately attacks me. I am concerned on this matter because the quest for mobilizing the people of Geldern is broken. Is there any way to complete this quest?
02:34
[43]
Mongo [ old one ]
Did you not already talk to Grok and get the information you needed for Darius? If not, then there is no repair. If yes, then talk to Darius, then return to Torn, quest complete. The other solution to the fire chalice thing is to give them all to Grok, it only makes sense that if you no longer have them, that he would suspect you did the other fire chalice quest.
02:32
[44]
Arkay [ old one ]
Well I guess that quest is broken then but when I do liberated the city will the people still help me because i will really need their help against the orc's sheer numbers
14:08
[45]
Mongo [ old one ]
Not likely, in each town (except Faring), you should take the time and complete the quests necessary to gain admittance to the town chief (town rep = 75) before moving on to the next town.
18:29
[46]
Windwalker [ old one ]
While wandering the wilderness around Geldern, after getting the artifact out of the ruins with the Shadowbeasts (Nemrock quest), I found a place in a rock wall that says Rock Portal. When i click it , the Nameless Hero gives his "I can't use this" line. What is this im curious, have I stumbled onto something i will need to find later?
22:17
[47]
Mongo [ old one ]
You found the conclusion to the Xardas solution/path. It's the last thing you do, open the portal, and the game ends.
07:36
[48]
Windwalker [ old one ]
LOL it figures. I usually find stuff early in the game that i need to know where it is later or need to have it later. Usually i wind up forgetting where it is or i sell it if its an item. -_-
12:01
[49]
Mongo [ old one ]
No sweat on this place, you follow Xardas to it (if you choose that ending/path), so you don't need to remember this one. Lost of other stuff where you do, but not that one.
21:11
[50]
Zesus [ level 85 ]
Hi all. I have the same problem with Grok attacking me while i try to enter his room. I wanna join the rebels. I have 78 popularitie with Geldern. Do you think i can go to sildern and do all the Q's there and then come back to Geldern to liberate it? Or is there more city's with orc than all the green(cape dun,montera,geldern,sildern,ardea?) Any idea of what to do to contenuie, cause if there is nothing to do im quitting Gothic:(.

realy think that they should inform u about the liberation. Its so stupid made, all who wanna join the rebels are gonna liberate: ardea, trelis, dun cape, montera. U will first come to Geldern as the last ( or sildern in my situation, havent been there) Hope you can help

-Zesus
this post has been modified by its author [2007-09-15 22:13:01]
23:07
[51]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
The question is how many cities have you liberated? If less than 3 (not including Ardea, Gotha, and Vengard); then you are okay, and the reason Grok attacks has to do with the choice you made with the fire chalices; the other orc leaders will not be hostile. You did not mention Trelis and Faring , oversight? So if you did not liberate more than 2 of those orc towns, you may go there and do their quests. The situation in Geldern is that when you do decide to liberate it, if you have/can not complete(d) the quest for Marius to mobilize the helpers. The help is rather sparse anyway, so going it alone is not that much of a bigger deal, because of all the Shamans, it's going to be a tough fight anyway. Don't be so down on the game, the total non-linear aspect is going to make it a different experience every time you play it. You can not duplicate the outcome even if you try. The only bad aspect of the non-linearity is that you might have missed some of the story line, and/or its presentation is a bit disjointed.
17:10
[52]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
On the liberation subject, how informed do you have to be? When you talk to the orc leaders the first time don't they inform you of their distrust of morras? As you walk around don't you hear the other orcs expressing ideas about teaching them a lesson, etc? After you liberate the first town and talk to the next orc leader isn't his tone even more distrusting, and doesn't he question you about who's committing these treasonous acts? After liberating the second town, and talking to the orc leader in the next town, doesn't he issue a rather direct omninous warning about dire consequences if it occurs again? Catch a clue.

Okay so you don't pay attention to the mundane dialog. Let's use logic, you are the leader of an orc town, you have heard about some great hero who has led an uprising in two nearby towns. In walks a stranger (morra) to your town with a big shiny sword and some nice armor. You have two choices - welcome the stranger with open arms or order an attack. Which choice would you make?

Do you all see how silly your complaint is? Clues from dialog or pure logic should have led you to the same conclusion, there are consequences for taking certain actions. I know it is just a game, but it is realistic in at least some regards. Though I love the endless backpack, is that realistic? No! Is it realistic that in a group battle, most of the group waits their turn to fight? No! So as far as interaction between two groups, orcs and humans, who have been at war for a thousand years, the developers build in some basic distrust of the other, and people can't seem to fathom that realism. Go figure!

Sorry, don't mean to set off on you, but this is a constant complaint that really has no merit.
16:19
[53]
mark1485 [ level 87 ]
well mongo, of course its not realistic, i mean its a game! too much realismus would be too hard or too boring anyway (acrobatics skill for example). now, as for the whole liberation problem you re right, but nevertheless when you start the game you re pretty much clueless about whats going on. there are so many info about pretty much everything, but no clue of future hostility when gaining rep over 50 with opposing sides.

and, by the way how does it work with varant? if i get rep over 50 with the hashishin, am i going to have problems with the rebels? (present rep. rebels 47, hashishi 45, nomads and orcs on their teens)
22:41
[54]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
Don't know how many different ways I can say this, reputation at 50 or any level greater than 50 does NOT trigger hostility. For the Orcs, you get to liberate two towns (any two), not counting Ardea, Gotha, and Venguard. Once you liberate the third, any contact with an orc leader in any other orc town will result in the order to kill you. In Varant, you get one free pass, (no exceptions). It does not matter a whit what your reputation is as far as open hostility threshold. I have thoroughly discredited the reputation theory with repeated trials. I have not tested the threshold for rebel camps as I have never wiped one out. I have attacked and killed several nomad groups and never triggered open hostility from them, I did this to get my Hashishin reputation to 75. BTW, if one wants peaceful entrance to Ishtar (requires Hashishin reputation of 75), you have to kill a few water mages and a couple nomad groups. Though, I have not done so, peaceful entry to see Kan in the upper castle of Faring will require you to wipe out most if not all of the rebel outposts. Here also requires 75 reputation with the orcs. In both cases I am not talking about town reputation, but faction reputation.
17:34
[55]
Slash [ level 86 ]
About the 7 old alchemist rings.....I couldn't find the one in the Mazin cave, I searched all the rocks within the cave and I just couldn't find this one...Please sonebody help me...

20:59
[56]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
Don't think there is one in a cave/mine; they are all within the city of Geldern. Most are lying around in clear sight but inside people's houses, but one is behind a locked door guarded by orcs and it is touchy how to steal that one. You have to get the orcs to stop watching you, then you can steal it and the loot. BTW if your rep is high enough they don't care that you picked the lock on the door they are guarding. Some guards?!

Hint, always save before you lift one.
01:20
[57]
Slash [ level 86 ]
I've been a little confused: In comment 28, there's a guy talking about the 7th ring lying on a rock behind Mazin in a cave, and there are also some people discussing about the location of the rings, and they also mentioned about the one in the cave. So what they talked about is wrong? I have 6/7 rings and I just can't find the last one.
12:26
[58]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
I am going completely from memory, and it's been several months since I played, but I am fairly certain they are all located inside the city. As I recall, one in the locked room, one in Renwick's house, one in alchemist's (Peruter?) house, one in the fire mage's house (Darius?), one in where the shamans live (same place as paladin's helmut), one in a named Orc's house (Gunnock?), and one either upstairs or downstairs in Samuel's and his aides place. Note: you can not go in the upstairs part at night when they are there. If I remember correctly, there is some piece of nice jewelry on a rock in Mazin's cave/mine, but it is not an alchemist ring, so yeah, I think the above is a mistake. But then I am an old fart whose memory might not be that good anymore. Key is to explore all places in the city to be sure and save right before lifting it. Don't want to get caught stealing, now do we?
17:16
[59]
EyeZ [ level 81 ]
The rings no problem 1st:in gunocks room(the 2nd druid hunter squad leader) 2nd:in renwicks house 3rd:in the room of the shaman Grimboll 4th:the treasure room 5th:in the room of the mercenarys the 2nd floor of the pub(if you don't find it just follow the mercenarys when they go to sleep) 6th:in the room of peratur(alchemist) 2nd floor of jareds room 7th:oh yes i think there are 2 rings in the shaman quathers 1 on a bookcase and 2nd on Grimbolls alchemy table.
23:51
[60]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
In your list, the last one is in Darius' place.

BTW, you need to take note of the dates, the question from slash was from October.
this post has been modified by its author [2008-01-24 00:53:04]
13:23
[61]
tasmani [ level 78 ]
HELLO...MAYBE I AM NOT GOOD AT MATHEMATICS.... I COUNT THE REPUTATION POINTS FROM WALKTHROUGH AT THIS PAGE AND I SUM 90.....AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG?
14:44
[62]
tasmani [ level 78 ]
i want to ask and something else...how i can sell maps? which is th key at my keyboard to get things out of my inventory? swords for example how can i throw them down?
23:22
[63]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
Why do you want to throw anything down, just sell it.
14:24
[64]
tasmani [ level 78 ]
JUST I AM CURIOUS...DO YOU KNOW ABOUT MAPS TO ANSWER ME?
20:38
[65]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
Since you can carry an unlimited number of items with no penalty, Gothic did not provide a drop key, you can (at least in previous versions) put stuff in a chest. You can only buy maps, I do not think they come up anywhere in your inventory when selling. If you have more than one of a particular map, it does not matter, you only view one of them at a time, you can view the other maps you have by simply selecting them. If you don't wish to sell and want to drop excess swords, why do you wish to sell a map?
02:16
[66]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
As for the reputation, some reputation counters are not listed. Trust me, it is possible to get your reputation to more than 100 in each town, though it will not display more than 100, and you only need 75 to get in to see the orc chief. So again you are worrying about trivial details. This is an excellent game guide, but it is not a walk through or strict go-by, and you are free to do things different from what is listed here. Just remember with that freedom comes consequences. There are also some bugs, which may or may not impact certain quests.
17:00
[67]
Cheater [ The REAL Love Guru ]
yay!
"VICTORY IS MINE!"
-Stewie Griffin
13:17
[68]
hellothere03102 [ level 76 ]
how can i get throught the rock portal of geldern?????

20:27
[69]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
That portal is the endgame of the Xardas (Adanos) path of the game. Opening it ends the game and begins a final cutscene movie. You can only perform this if you have completed all quests as Xardas directs and you accompany him from his tower to the portal. Opening it is the final act. Game over.
15:54
[70]
Vatras [ level 80 ]
Where is the destroyed cave with Mazin in it please help?
22:33
[71]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
Go out of the castle by the south gate towards Trelis, immediately turn to your right and you should encounter a group of ogres, if you aren't up to battling them just yet, circle around then to the left, and you should see the usual wood fencing surrounding the cave entrance, just up the hill a bit.
15:22
[72]
Vatras [ level 80 ]
Where is Mazin? Thanks Mongo.
20:52
[73]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
In case you were really asking, he's inside the cave shoveling, you really should have no trouble finding him.
13:52
[74]
Vatras [ level 80 ]
What Cave?
14:54
[75]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
Are we really having this much trouble communicating? You asked and I answered on the directions to the cave. Mazin is in that cave. Once again, go out the south gate of Geldern, turn immediately to the right and follow the external town wall, you should encounter a group of 3 ogres, kill them if you can and then continue on the same route, you will climb up a hill and should see the obvious entrance to a cave, Mazin is inside. You may need a torch to see at times. The cave is really a mine, and is part of another quest. If you tell the orcs about it, Mazin and his brother will not be happy, but it is the thing to do.
17:26
[76]
niumin [ level 73 ]
Why Grock (he's a shaman and chief of Geldern) wants to kill me? My reputation is 76 in Geldern, so Nemrok allowed me to enter Grocks room. But as soon I stepped in he told something like that: no more reckless deals with human and he started the fight. Have I done something wrong in the past? I've liberated Silden - is it too early? Most of the quests in Geldern I've completed for orcks. But still the arena is incomplete. Should I at first go to Varant to fight on its arenas? Agenak told me he would allow me to fight only when I won on Varants arena...
17:56
[77]
niumin [ level 73 ]
As always too fast... I found the information - I've liberated Cape Dun, Montera and Silden - one bridge too far... Now the last question - is it going to complicate the game or not (is the game still finishable). What about the orc leader in Trelis, is he going to attack me too?
21:49
[78]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
As always too fast... I found the information - I've liberated Cape Dun, Montera and Silden - one bridge too far... Now the last question - is it going to complicate the game or not (is the game still finishable). Yes, and all three solutions unless you anger the Hashishin also.

What about the orc leader in Trelis, is he going to attack me too? Yep! All orcs and their mercanaries will now attack you on sight.
19:31
[79]
Jimaras [ level 71 ]
Hi.I am at this town and my reputation is nearly 90 whith the town and their leader atacks me...If you can explain me this and tell me what to do :) thanks a lot.(Sorry for the bad english)

21:28
[80]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
If you read any of the above, you would know there are two possible reasons.

1. You liberated three Orc towns (not counting Ardea, Gotha, or Venguard).

2. You blessed the fire chalices, in this case (and not the above), Grok is the only town leader that will attack you.
11:03
[81]
cieljigoku [ level 71 ]
Hi all. I can't find the scepter of shadows. met a lot of shadow beast n troll (including black trolls) but i still can't find it. where can i find it? and what's the power of the scepter? can i use it instead giving it to Nemrok? one more thing, i found a tomb near the shadowbeasts in Druid Runak's vicinity. And there's some sort of light above the tomb. can i aquire something or suppose to aquire something from it? Please help me. thanks all
21:15
[82]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
It's in those ruins guarded by the shadow beasts, it's lying on the ground, if you didn't look around, who's to blame?
09:29
[83]
cieljigoku [ level 71 ]
Ahahaha i found it. I killed the shadowbeasts at night so i didnt really see it. I think i have to check my eyes to the eye doctor now. hehehe thank u Mongo1. Btw, i also found the temple of Mora Sul from Yussuf and all the fire chalices. Thanx again.
14:30
[84]
Goldman [ level 68 ]
Where is the druid Runak?
12:07
[85]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
Take the road out of Silden toward one of the hunter's shacks, keep going along the road, after it starts up the mountain where a black troll roams, find the path to your left that leads down to the base of the waterfall, cross the stream and up the hill, if you see a group of orcs you are very near, there are tons of shadowbeasts (and other stuff) surrounding Runak's hut, which is down in the valley below the orc group.
14:11
[86]
deisus [ level 66 ]
I need some help. Im going with rebels and so i want to free geldern. I got this quest mobilize ppl of geldern but when i talk to the fire mage - cook he doesnt give me any quest about the golden chalice, so i cant mobilize the locals. Neither is there any respondence by lares, i just got that quest by torn. I killed Ivan, might that be the answer to the problem? what did i do wrong anywhere?
21:07
[87]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
Not enough information!! Who all did you talk to, how many towns have you liberated, what npc have you already killed? etc.
18:17
[88]
Flicker121 [ level 63 ]
I have collected all seven 'Old Alchemist's Rings' in Geldern, but when I talk to Jared the only dialogue options I get are "Sell Paladin's Helmet" and "Show me your goods". Any ideas? I'd like to complete the quest and receive the 1500 experience points!
21:07
[89]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
did u talk to Lares?
05:11
[90]
Flicker121 [ level 63 ]
Too late now, Lares died while I was liberating Geldern! (He decided to attack Grok in his palace...alone)
20:50
[91]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
Well, I can't help u then, u broke the link. Didn't heed the advice to complete all quests in all towns (except deciders) before beginning any liberations.
17:22
[92]
Danilo97 [ level 58 ]
Can i receive the fire chalice from that slave (i cant remember his name) in Montera if i just librerate the town (Im talking about Montera, couse i need fire chalices, and i canceled the quest from Barengar in Montera, acidentally, but i have 75% reputation)
20:53
[93]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
Not likely, because he is apt to die in the battle. All he has is a pickaxe for a weapon and you might guess how effective that is against orcs. You can get it from him before the liberation.
10:31
[94]
Danilo97 [ level 58 ]
Ok, and anybody nhow where exactly is this sulphur mine, and i dont understand, do i really need to collect all fire chalices (i support rebels, and i hate orcs) so that paladins can have their powers? And about that slave, i told you i canceled quest with barengar, so how can i then take his fire chalice (plzz tell me)?
10:33
[95]
Danilo97 [ level 58 ]
Sorry, not barengars chalice, i meant this slaves chalice, my mistake...
18:12
[96]
Danilo97 [ level 58 ]
And how can i start to librerate, i attacked 1 orc who is guarding the locked door near shamans quarter, and i cant kill him, i just knocked him out, but i unlocked the door and took about 8000g.
20:49
[97]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
When you are ready to liberate an orc town, emphasis on ready, should have best armor (Paladin), and complete quests in all towns, because once u liberate 3, the rest will not talk to you, and give quests. So when u r ready, you should go to the orc leader and attack him first. Once he is down, hold down right mouse button and then left click. Ur hero should execute the coupe de grace move killing the fallen leader. Now battle with the others will be easier (lower orc morale), and each will die without the coupe de grace move. BTW the coup de grace move is required sometimes to kill fallen enemies, (not monsters). You can fight orcs like the one you mentioned, steal their stuff (if not caught) without any consequences, since orcs admire a good duel. Be careful with the fire sword in arena battles, since it is possible that you will kill your opponent and then all will attack you. Best to use another non-magical sword in arena fights, remember the object is not to kill your opponent, just knock him down, but usually you can take their stuff while they are down.

BTW, orcs are not necessarily evil, and rebels are not necessarily good, so get beyond that prejudice, and enjoy being neutral until you decide which ending you wish to follow. There are 3 choices, for Innos (rebels, Nordmarians, fire mages), for Beliar (orcs, Hashishan, necromancers), or for Adanos (rangers, water mages, Xardas).
21:19
[98]
Danilo97 [ level 58 ]
DUDE YOU ARE GENIOUS TNX A LOT !!! NOW I NHOW HOW TO KILL THEM, I HAD THAT PROBLEM, I MEAN WHEN I WANA KILL SOMEBODY BUT I CANT, AND THEN I GET KILLED IN THE END TNX A LOT !!!!!!
11:23
[99]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
They had to do that because there are occasions when you just want to duel NPCs, not kill them. It is difficult to accidently execute the move for that reason. No genious, just hour upon hour of playing the game exp. Loved it, lived it for a long time, but now it has been over a year since I played it.
12:13
[100]
Danilo97 [ level 58 ]
Deisus, to begin libreration you need to do quest for fire mage, and finaly you need to go inside palace and see is there firechalice(there isnt) and then tell fire mage that , and then he will give you quest librerate Geldern. Now my problem. How can i librerate this F****** GELDERN? I mean i died EVERY TIME, i cant kill shamans, can somebody tell me best tactic to librerate it, and where should i start?
02:05
[101]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
To Kill Shaman's think why they kill you, range spell, well position yourself so they cannot range attack and only engage one at a time. It can be done, you just have to use terrain, in this case walls and windows and doorways to YOUR advantage. You can position yourself so that you can range attack them, but they can't hit you. Try it, it will take a bit to find the right positions, but then it will be so easy.
11:16
[102]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
Oh and make sure all the shaman's are dead b4 engaging any1 else, they are pinpricks compared to the shaman's magic spells. As always start with the boss, then the lesser shaman's.
15:25
[103]
Danilo97 [ level 58 ]
Ok tnx
18:33
[104]
Danilo97 [ level 58 ]
WHOAAAA TO BUY AMULET AGAIN I NEED 250 000 GOLD!!!!!!!???? AND I SOLD IT FOR 75 000!!!!!????? NOW I NEEED MORE GOLD TO BUY AMULET OF ADANOS BACK THAN PALADIN ARMOR COST!!!!! AND I HAVE 1 ring of adanos, and i nhow that i killed demon, and i killed akasha, so WHERE THE HELL IS SECOND RING!!!?????? Im on edge to delete this game!!!!
18:34
[105]
Danilo97 [ level 58 ]
Is there any cheat to get those amulets, or those rings?
19:48
[106]
Danilo97 [ level 58 ]
Whoaa i almoust deleted BEST GAME IN THE WORLD! Im lucky that i found my ring, i sold it to one guy in Okara, this smith dude, I SHOULD relly stop sealing precious things , and YEEESSS I LIBRERATED GELDERN!!! Now i only town that is left in Myrtana to librerate is Fairing, but i wont librerate it now, i will librerate it later, i mean whuy should i librerate it if i didnt finish half of the quest there, and orcs dont atack me there (i dont nhow whuy).
10:35
[107]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
See, there must be good bugs as well as bad ones. Usually after liberating the 3rd town (not incl Ardea, Gotha, and Venguard, you are attacked on sight. After all, you are a Morra, and you keep showing up in these orc towns and then bad things happen, sooooooo! LOL, enjoy. The artifacts are the key to the end of the game, you need not give them up until then, but to end the game you must give them all (5) up. You can use them untill you do, but remember to keep replacements.
08:17
[108]
Kushy13 [ level 57 ]
The Paladin's Helmet isn't on the table of shelf >< i made a few different files on it's missing in every one. Also something odd is that right before the table/shelf where the helmet should be, theres a woodcutter's axe under the floor i can grab... I'm on Windows 7 and running on CP1.73. I'm guessing cheats could help but i'm also haveing troubles switching False to True, says i don't have access :/ can anyone help me out on either? Thanks in advance.
21:15
[109]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
without more specifics, I can only guess one issue that might cause this - You were playing a game and took the helmut, then decided to restart game without first completely exiting Gothic first. For some reason if you do this, the game does not repopulate all the stuff and/or NPCs and mobs that you killed in previous game.
04:34
[110]
Kushy13 [ level 57 ]
Actually turns out Mongo1, in the old patches of the game, it was located on the table/shelf in the Shaman's room, but in patch 1.7+ i believe, it's in the room with the locked door you can pick, also in the room is the key to the door you can't pick on the same table. Thanks for the replay and suggestions though.
04:39
[111]
Kushy13 [ level 57 ]
Do you know how i can get past the "Access Denied" msg when i try to change False to True in the files to enable cheats? i tried copy pasting to the desktop, saving it somewhere else, changed firewall and security settings, and a few other things but nothing is working. I'm useing the Marvin helper every so often but i wanna have a file where i cheat the hell out of it lol >< any ideas?
11:49
[112]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
First of all, let me say I know absolutely nothing about cheats from experience; never use them. But 'access denied' sounds like you are a guest on the computer you are using, and do not have admin priveleges to enable the cheats, which modify files. If so, you need to log on as admin and then play the game. GL Hopefully you still have access to your game saves. There are some threads on here where people explain the hows and cautions of cheat use, you will have to read all the threads to find them though. And those people are no longer active on this site. Don't really know why I bother to check in almost everyday, but I do and will at least for the time being.
04:08
[113]
CemB [ level 57 ]
In this city i didnt like only 1 thing.You have to make choice between Runak ( Druid ) Bollock (Druid hunter leader). Each of them want other died. Runak want Gunock ( lazy orc in Geldern) died for give you druid stone. So after talk with this both, for get maximum exp first kill Gunock. (Ofc after making Torn's ( other druied near city) quest. Then choose one side and kill. Kill Runak or Bollock. I prefer killling Runak. Because orc reputation and Geldern reputation + 4 is more important than Ranger +15 reputation. Runak is leader of Druids. I really didnt like this choice tough :) If someone find other solution for not make choice , pls let me know. I dont want kill Runak.
15:09
[114]
pacer888 [ level 57 ]
I can't find Runak’s hideout.I must to find Ballock and Runak.Thx.
00:26
[115]
CemB [ level 57 ]
Go look old replies. There write about Runak. Runak is not near to Geldern. U must follow wolf cave road. After this there are a couple of trolls. U need kill them. he is in the northside of geldern. not near.

21:42
[116]
Wilko_Shinigami [ level 56 ]
hey i have a lil problem with the 7 rings for that guy that want too meet Lares in Geldern i know where i can find the last ring at the door with the 2 orc guards but the door is locked and cannot be lockpicket anyone know where i can get the key to that door?

13:56
[117]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
It can be lock picked you just need higher skill probly. And you might get caught so save before trying.

21:23
[118]
to Mongool1 hmm noo that aint the problem i have the highest lockpicking skill and even a open lock scroll cant open it and they can open every lock

but i am going to liberate Geldern now and properly learn the keys location if i do ill repost it here for the people who also have Gothic 3 Enchanted Version ^_^
22:25
[119]
to all players that can't find the key for the door i writen about before or the first paladins helmet try this near the shamen's room where the helmet normaly is there is a stairs downwards to a door that can be lock picked if you open that door you will find the paladins first helmet and the key to the door that is locked i found this out after liberating Geldern but i dont mind i fight for the rebels so when ill fight for the final option Hassashin i am able to do it ^^

I completed the orcs way and almost the way of the rebels am now lvl 77 :P know almost every skill including magic skills innos,beliar,adanos

Hope this helped you in finding the helmet or the key for the locked door where one of the alchemist rings are ^^
22:42
[120]
Oh i found all 6 druid stones

Nordmar ( wolf stone )

shakjir de lion ( lion stone )

Lizard near silden related to the quest to find the hammer and saw for the shipworker ( lizard stone )

thorn the druid ( snapper stone )

Shadowbeast stone related to a quest

Ranger party near Montera ( wild Boar )

Thats where i got the 6 stones and i have Gothic 3 Enchanted Version
12:13
[121]
alex2 [ level 56 ]
when i went to gelden all the orcs atacked me.why?
21:34
[122]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
Most likely because you liberated Cape Dun, Montera, and one other orc town. And you did not pay attention to the successive dialog from each of those Orc Town chiefs. Can't say you weren't warned.

But think about it, someone(?) has been liberating orc towns and killing orcs. Now a Morra shows up in the next town wielding a big sword. HMMMM 1+1 = 2. They aren't that dumb, that they can't figure it out, now are they?
12:16
[123]
alex2 [ level 56 ]
and when i talked to vak in trelis he say something about suspicios morra and then ALL the orcs atacked me
12:19
[124]
alex2 [ level 56 ]
what can i do now?
12:05
[125]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
Quite simply; I always say choices have consequences. You chose to liberate, now you must live with those consequences. You have essentially two options, play it out knowing you have lost the opportunity for quest completion in the remaining orc towns; or restart, and this time do not liberate orc towns (exc. Ardea, Gotha, and Venguard, these don't count) until you have completed quests in all (or at least made the final path decision). BTW, if you decide to restart, make sure you do so from a fresh game load. If playing your current game, exit to OS, then reinitialize game and go immediately to new game (do not start new game from a saved game position). It is the only way you can assure that the game will reinitialize all NPCs.
14:17
[126]
alex2 [ level 56 ]
thanks
14:15
[127]
The decider [ level 55 ]
Hi everybody . I can't find where mazin is digging for artifacts . Can anyone help me??
20:22
[128]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
Mazin is in a cave, the cave is a right turn off the path out the south(?) entrance of Geldern. There are a few ogres between the path and the cave, but you can avoid them. but there are other critters you can not avoid them all. There is like a small valley between and the cave is up the next hill. In the cave is the usual assortment of critters inc minecrawlers.
11:30
[129]
The decider [ level 55 ]
ok thanks , it was pretty easy.
22:38
[130]
simon911 [ level 52 ]
Someone can tell me where is the key to the shaman quarter in geldern please???
17:19
[131]
DANFANTASTICUL [ level 45 ]
help i need help at the quests with gok

When i went to talk to him he said to me" bad news , i dont know if i can take the risk any more , all suspicious morras will be killed" and after he said that he became red and start to atak me ,

pliz tell me why he ataks me

17:21
[132]
this can be because i eliberated all the thowns exept trelis and geldern?

17:22
[133]
or becaause i have 85% reputation with rebels and i were paladin armour

12:18
[134]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
Because you liberated at least three towns (excluding Ardea, Gotha, and Venguard). If you peruse these threads you will see that point made over and over and over. And here it is once more. And you only get one free one in the Hashishin controlled desert. BTW, this should not be a surprise; if you had dialogued with the orc chieftain in the towns, You would hve gotten a stern warning after the first liberation, and after the second a very explicit warning about further actions, and how they were keeping an eye on you. Remember to an orc you are but a mere Morra and they never really trust you even if you have high rep. Your rep with other factions in the game and the armor you wear has no bearing at all.
16:19
[135]
And another question , After how mutch towns liberated in the desert will the Hashishins become angry and atack me, i need to know cuz i dont whant to maka the same mistake in varant
21:39
[136]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
sometimes I am at a complete loss for words, didn't I answer that in my original response? In Varant, you get one free one, after the second liberation all will be hostile. Choose wisely, there is one town where if you liberate it, you can free an imprisoned water mage and get his quests. Just complete all the Hashishin quests in that town first, so you don't lose the exp for them.
15:14
[137]
and that is lago , i know that
07:18
[138]
creedy [ level 43 ]
Please help me....When i enter in the Grok's chamber he sais something to me and he attack me . What should i do?

11:52
[139]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
it could be one of two choices that you made:

1. you liberated too many orc towns; if so you will get a similar message from any other orc town leader and be attacked on sight by all others

2. you distributed the fire chalices to the paladins;; remember he gives you a quest to get them for him, and if you no longer have them, he knows you are working for the paladins. thus only he among the orc town leaders will attack. But if you fight back you will end up either dead or having liberated Geldern, either way there is no further quest complation in Geldern. you can avoid him until ready to attack Geldern.
23:17
[140]
zyizyirxs [ level 41 ]
Is there any solution to enter Ishtar without killing water mages?
02:00
[141]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
I know of none, unless there is a hidden way to get Hashishin reputation. Why fret, it's just a game. If getting into Ishtar peacefully to gain training in those few skills is important to you, then why let a few water mages stop you? You will lose no reputation, reputation once gained is not forfeited, but you can have 100% rep with let's say the orcs, and if you liberate three towns they will still attack you. Reputation gains you access, but doesn't smooth over other actions.
01:22
[142]
zyizyirxs [ level 41 ]
Yes, it's a game. But since gothic 1 they have been som kind of old friends or comrades. In the end i have to kill some familiar character, so it doesn't matters much. Thanks anyway.
22:16
[143]
Thibni [ level 39 ]
Okay. Under the Shamans Headquarters? Where all the shamans are when you enter the City from the South I think it was.

Well, under them, you can find 2 things. 1. The Helmet of the 1st Paladin (in the updated version of the game! of course)

And! You can also find that darn KEY for the locked door where the two guards are standing. Seriously. After 1h of serious research, I ended up finding it. This dude nicknamed "rebel" gave the answer... Gee! ABOUT TIME! =D
21:28
[144]
Mongo1 [ level 89 ]
Was there a question in there somewhere?
00:21
[145]
drgcommander [ level 25 ]
hey Mongo1, if you're still reading these threads, can i complete the quest "The Orc shaman Grok wants all the fire chalices" and then kill/knockout him and loot his corpse for the fire chalices? i intend to finish every available quest without interfering in the necessary politics yet. but i have no idea what will happen as i still need 2 more chalices to complete the collection.